Find
Notify
Tools

This years meat supply
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of AKJD
posted
Took this bull just before dark on the 7th. Called him in using cow calls. He came in raking the brush with his rack. Shot him at about 35-40 yards with my .300 Win Mag and 180 grain Accubonds.

Posts: 323 | Location: Fairbanks AK | Registered: 27 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice Bull
very good job

Posts: 46 | Location: Down South but north of OZ | Registered: 02 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
JD,

Nice moose..How big are the antlers??

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post
Awesome, thanks for sharing.

Still trying to find me one.

--------------------
THANOS WAS RIGHT!

Posts: 9823 | Location: Montana | Registered: 25 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of AKJD
posted Hide Post
retreever,

He was about 47-48 inches wide and had some pretty long points. Not real big, but he'll taste good. I actually thought he was smaller when I shot him. I got him at the end of my first day of hunting. He was the 3rd and biggest bull I saw. I saw 2 early the first day from a distance, but when I moved closer I could only find the smaller one. I got within about 15 yards of the small one and made some cow calls to see how he would react. He acted pretty confused, stood there for a while trying to decide what to do, then ran off. I was hunting by myself even though I keep vowing to never hunt moose by myself, I keep doing it. I have a saying, anyone that hunts moose alone deserves to get one. By the time I got him out of the woods, I was hating myself.

JD

Posts: 323 | Location: Fairbanks AK | Registered: 27 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post
The last two moose I got by myself I was able to drive my truck to one and 20 feet from the other.

I figure my next one will be a mile from the road. EekerAlthough I would have been glad to have done that. I didn't see any bulls this year.

--------------------
THANOS WAS RIGHT!

Posts: 9823 | Location: Montana | Registered: 25 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good stuff!! At least someone is getting the meat in early! Tomorrow is last day of moose bow season... and I've got a meeting to attend in the morning ..boohoo, whine, booohooo.

Frans

Posts: 1717 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Frans, I feel your pain!!!! There's still the bow zones 212 and 410

the chef

one of us
posted Hide Post
Chef,

I've been out to 410 three times over the last two weeks. Once on a Sunday, when I saw a nice 6-point elk. Haven't seen him since. Once on a Friday, when I saw some mule deer, and a group a ewes/lambs. Once on a Saturday when I encountered only fellow hunters.

Do you have any contact with landowners in 212?

Frans

Posts: 1717 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote