THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ALASKA HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Alaska Hunting Forum    One week to go! Plane leaves Sept 8th

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

One week to go! Plane leaves Sept 8th
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I will be off to hunt with Grizzly Skins/ Phil Shoemaker in Alaska for moose. This will be video taped for Nosler Magnum hunt show. Using the 475 Turnbull with 400 gr Barnes TSX bullets.
Hunt is Sept 10-20th.

I tend to use more than enough gun.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Doug,

Hope you have a great AK hunt. Good luck!

Jeff

One of Us
Picture of GSSP
posted Hide Post
Good luck Doug!

As you start to fly, I'll start hunting my Grizz north of Nome on the 8th. I'm using my CZ 550, 9.3x62 w/ 286 gr Partitions or Ruger BH 45 LC with 335 gr WFNGC.

Posts: 1719 | Location: Utah | Registered: 01 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
good luck to all - we're headed up thataway on the 9th

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PWS
posted Hide Post
I head out tomorrow to help set up and pack meat later. See you in camp!

Posts: 1142 | Location: Kodiak | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Butch,

Please take some good pics. Those antelope pics were pitiful. 5 Megapixels. Take the pictures with the sun behind the photographer. Take the pics with the photograher laying down. No blood!! Maybe I should come with you. I know you'll f--- it up!

Mark

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13015 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Doug,

Have a GREAT hunt. Phil Shoemaker is the VERY best of the best. Please say hello to him from me, and the rest of the crew.

Don Buckbee

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Turnbull:
I will be off to hunt with Grizzly Skins/ Phil Shoemaker in Alaska for moose. This will be video taped for Nosler Magnum hunt show. Using the 475 Turnbull with 400 gr Barnes TSX bullets.
Hunt is Sept 10-20th.

Good luck on your hunt.
Is Phil going to do an article on your rifle?

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Posted 04 September 2008 05:30 Hide Post
Butch,

Please take some good pics. Those antelope pics were pitiful. 5 Megapixels. Take the pictures with the sun behind the photographer. Take the pics with the photograher laying down. No blood!! Maybe I should come with you. I know you'll f--- it up!
they were not 5 megapixels - they were 2.2. plus i think you'd better stay home, you never know what some bull moose will do when it sees that ponytail Big Grin Eeker shocker

Mark

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote