Find
Notify
Tools

What's Biting?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello,

I will be in Southern Alaska(Inside Passage) week after next for vacation and just wanted to get a fishing report. I really look forward to seeing the paradise many of you call home.

Best Regards,

Posts: 153 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dolly Varden are hitting really good.If you can fing where kings are the are at the end of their running.The red salmon are just starting.I saw a comersial boat with a boat load of halibut..I have had a ball catching dolly varden on cut herring and eggs.They are about the best eating fish you can find.

Posts: 2534 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
17 Kings last weekend, 29 last night and another 8 today.

Allen Glore

"Annoy a Liberal, work, succeed, be happy"

Posts: 1058 | Location: Lodge Grass, MT. Sitka, Bethel, Fort Yukon, Chevak, Skagway, Cantwell and Pt. Hope Alaska | Registered: 24 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hunt4Life:
Hello,

I will be in Southern Alaska(Inside Passage) week after next for vacation and just wanted to get a fishing report. I really look forward to seeing the paradise many of you call home.

Best Regards,

62-Sockeye friday nite Kasilof river (Subsistance gill net)
Welcome to ALASKA!! If you are like me this will be the best & most expensive vacation you will ever take. I came to Soldotna(So.Centeral AK, you will be officialy in So.East) for 7 days in 09/94, only been back for 2 funerals beer
If you Hunt & Fish this is the place Big Grin

Posts: 2357 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks to those who responded. Really looking forward to the trip. Picked up a new set of Steiner Merlins yesterday to see everything better.

Have a Great 4th everyone!

Regards,

Posts: 153 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MuskegMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hunt4Life:

I will be in Southern Alaska(Inside Passage) week after next for vacation and just wanted to get a fishing report.

First of all, I don't know exactly where you will be fishing in S.E. or if it will be from a boat or shore. Here's the place I normally go for rod-hour info:

ADF&G Weekly Fishing Reports

Here's my personal report. Fished on Saturday June 25th in the Juneau area. The wild run of King Salmon is slowing down. We were targeting hatchery kings returning in the Fritz Cove and fishing from my boat. Picked up 4 kings in about 7 hours of effort.

Here are the two I caught:

Absolutely gorgeous day. Almost too nice for the fish to be biting. From what I'm hearing and seeing personally, the chums and humpies are just starting to show up. Dolly Varden fishing should be excellent from shore into July, then they follow the salmon up into the streams and rivers. Halibut fishing is best in June-July-Aug. For shore fishing, I alway like a 1/2 oz Krocodile spoon - silver in color with a 10-12 lb test casting or spinning rod.

MM

Posts: 2097 | Location: S.E. Alaska | Registered: 18 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
anything on the Kenai now

one of us
Picture of TJ
posted Hide Post
Mosquitoes?

Posts: 948 | Location: Kenai, Ak. USA | Registered: 05 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
cats,

I was on the lower kenai sunday for a few hours blowing the dust off the boat in prep for the july run and was surprised by the number of Kings boated (6 or 7), the bait ban has been lifted as well.

Go get'um-Ron

Posts: 192 | Location: Anchorage, Ak | Registered: 16 February 2005Reply With Quote