New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: phantom jet boats
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I don't recall the hull thickness specs but the gauge is heavier than that. The ribs were massive.

Have you looked at the 4 stroke outboards lately? They are heavier/pricier of course but the fuel economy is incredible. We pay $3.10 for fuel and if you have to add premix to that you're looking at some expensive fuel.

Yea, you're right about looking down.

Posts: 4168 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We are in the same situation ,We pay around $4.00/gal.It's not cheap to run a jet but as you know you don't run it for many hours on a trip,I figure I use the boat 5 months a year, what the hell it's only money.I think most big outboards in the 85hp-120hp range burn about the same as the jet 6gal/hour ar cruise.Yukon delta do you run the yukon river only or are there other rivers that you run on?Is the moose hunting good up your way?

Posts: 120 | Location: yukon | Registered: 11 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Griz. I really like that 4 stroke fuel economy. If you can get past the weight and purchase price then they are something to consider. Especially at our fuel prices?

I also run the Porcupine, Sheenjek and numerous smaller rivers. The Porcupine and Yukon are the main ones for me. Moose density is down out here. I see more moose in Anchorage then I do out here. I'm in a subsistence area so there is very little trophy quality and finding any bull takes effort.

Posts: 4168 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote