New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bus from whitter to anchorage?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I need some help here. I will be in Whitter in early June. I need to get to Anchorage to pick up a rental car. I can not find a bus from Whitter to Anchorage. I checked on line and there is a bus form Anchorage to Whitter, but they do not offer the trip back. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Posts: 262 | Location: New York | Registered: 21 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
I also checked on line and found there is a train available. I am still searching as I will be hunting out of Whittier in June of '06. The outfitter has a shuttle from Anchorage, I assumed there would be a return Red Face

I will E-Mail them and see what I can find.

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
DPM:
Don't know if this will help or not but might be worth a try. The Ak. Railroad makes a run to Whittier from Anch. I believe that in the summer, it's daily. You might try one of these & talk to them.
Phone # 1. From Outside Ak. - 1-800-544-0552
Phone # 2. Passenger Services, 280 N. Cushman St., Fbks (Reservations & Info) - 1-907-458-6025

I have no idea of the location of the 800 phone # office but the 2nd one is here in Fbks. I'm sure one of the 2 will be of help for you. Don't think I'd delay on this for very long. The train is pretty well booked with tourists in the summer.
Good Luck, Bear in Fairbanks

Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

I never thought that I'd live to see a President worse than Jimmy Carter. Well, I have.

Gun control means using two hands.

Posts: 1544 | Location: Fairbanks, Ak., USA | Registered: 16 March 2002Reply With Quote