Find
Notify
Tools

09' AK Brown Bear Hunt
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of BHW
posted
Interested in hunting Penisula Brown Bear in 09? If so, then we have an EXCEPTIONAL opportunity for you to seriously consider. That’s right; book well below the advertised 2007 rate of $18,500.00/hunter (1x1) for this 2009 fully guided 10 day 2x1 hunt. This offer is time sensitive with 2 possibly 3 spots available at the incredible price of $11,500.00/hunter.

The outfitter is first class who will work very hard to ensure hunter success and expectations are met. We hunted with his outfit in 2003 for spring black bear from a boat. In seven days we were on more than a dozen bears.

This hunt takes place on the Alaska Peninsula south of Anchorage beginning October 1, 2009 and concluding October 10, 2009, or when both hunters have tagged out. Fly into Kenai on September 28, 2009 and plan on flying out of Kenai on October 12, 2009.

This hunt is conducted on the western shoreline south of Cook Inlet starting at Chinitna Bay and going south to the Kamishak area at McNeil Cove, between Lake Clark National Park Katmai National Park. 8 foot bears are standard, but nine foot+ bears are a real possibility. We will be hunting opening day with the area having been closed to all hunting for the preceding 16 months. Imagine getting in on these bears that haven’t been hunted for well over a year.

This is a true “all inclusive†hunt with everything included in the price with the exception of the following: $500 bear tag, $85 license, round trip airfare to Kenai, hotels and meals before and after the hunt. Cost of tags and licenses subject to change by the State of Alaska.

Camping will be in tents in the general area where our hunting will take place. Glassing for bears may be able to be done from camp. This is not an overly demanding hunt from a physical standpoint, but with any hunt of this nature the better the shape you are in the better your opportunity for success.

Payments: An initial deposit of $2,000.00 is required to hold your spot. One installment payment of $3,000.00 is due on or before January 1, 2009. The balance of $6,500.00 is due upon arrival and prior to flying out.

All checks (except the check for the balance of $6,500.00) are to be made out to hook-n-hunt and sent to me @ hook-n-hunt. I will log your payment and e-mail you a payment log each time we receive a check. Hunts are not confirmed until receipt of the deposit check. There are no refunds, if you have to cancel for a legitimate reason before January 1, 2009, money will be put towards a hunt the following year with Alaskan Safari and Trading. Cancellation insurance should be considered as this fantastic value should be viewed as an investment and as such protected against unforeseen events that would be covered by the cancellation insurance. Additional details on where to stay, gear list, etc. will all be provided well in advance of the hunt.

Feel free to contact me personally and I will be more than glad to answer your questions, work with you in developing a budget so you know what your total turn key cost will be, booking and handling all arrangements, assisting with your gear list and establishment of reasonable expectations for the hunt, etc. Please visit his website and feel free to contact Burr Henriksen thru his website. Mention the hook-n-hunt 2009 fall peninsula brown bear hunt.

This outfitter will only be taking four hunters total in this area the opening 10 days and at this incredible price.Send me a PM with questions and please include your e-mail address and I will send the flyer and other information via e-mail when answering your questions.

Posts: 261 | Location: Duncan, SC | Registered: 06 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd suggest doing A LOT of research on this outfitter.

Posts: 141 | Location: Eastern Oregon | Registered: 26 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of waterrat
posted Hide Post
The area in ?? is one of the hardest hit by wanabe guides and totally overrun with resident hunters as well.

I tend to use more than enough gun

Posts: 1410 | Location: lake iliamna alaska | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BHW
posted Hide Post
Alasken's comment as far as doing a lot of research is a point well taken. I have personally hunted with this outfit and checked other references. That is one reason I always make it a point to list the outfitter so any prospective hunter can do their own duedilengence in addition to what I have provided. Anyone in any business for any length of time will have those naysayers and people who just can't be pleased for whatever reason (IE: pissed off SOB's), legitimate or not. We all strive to please everyone all the time and usually get by with pleasing some of the people some of the time. I sent Alasken a PM and asked he share the background on his comment with me as "researching" the outfitter is part of my client obligation and there is no end to the research one can do. So far no response. I welcome a PM reply to my PM to hopefully gain a better understanding of his apparent problem with this outfitter.

waterrat makes the point that the area of the hunt is overpressured/over run with wannabe guides/resident hunters. The area of our hunt is one the outfitter has contractual rights to with the State of Alaska. A portion of his property is bordered by the National Forest. To suggest where we are hunting is overly pressured/hunted IMO is an inaccurrate statement. While there is public land for reseident hunters all around, it is my understanding that the area we will be in won't have other hunters (uless they are tresspassing)for 5 miles or more. Wannabe guides will not be hunting the area where my outfitter has his rights to.

Responsible replies are appreciated, unresponsible replies (unsubstaniated, no background, etc.)go with the territory of posting on this website/forum, so we all will have to live them.

Posts: 261 | Location: Duncan, SC | Registered: 06 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
BHW,
On federal property there is an "Exclusive Guide Use Rule" that limits the amount of guides on the ground. On any state land I don't think that is the case so guides can literally camp one on top of the other. Sure they generally don't, but sometimes it does happen. In Alaska there generally isn't any such thing as a "Hunting Lease or Concession".

Residents usually get to hunt anywhere they darn well want, outside the parameters of tresspassing on private property or in certain National Parks. Yes there are some National Parks that residents of Alaska are allowed to hunt in. I am relatively confident in telling you that anywhere a guide is allowed by the state to hunt in Alaska, a private party can also.

Posts: 9211 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of M70Nut
posted Hide Post
Scott King is correct, if it's open to a guide then it is open to residents as well, unless it is private property.

"We band of 45-70'ers"

Posts: 845 | Location: S.C. Alaska | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Akshooter
posted Hide Post
I'll repeat what waterrat said so he dosn't have to do it himself.
Do ALOT of research on this outfitter.

DRSS
NRA life
AK Master Guide 124

Posts: 1562 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Akshooter
posted Hide Post
Sorry it was Alaskans Quote but still do the research.

DRSS
NRA life
AK Master Guide 124

Posts: 1562 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BHW:
This hunt is conducted on the western shoreline south of Cook Inlet starting at Chinitna Bay and going south to the Kamishak area at McNeil Cove, between Lake Clark National Park Katmai National Park.

quote:
The area of our hunt is one the outfitter has contractual rights to with the State of Alaska. A portion of his property is bordered by the National Forest.

There is no National Forest there. Perhaps you meant something else. No National Forest, though.

Posts: 1508 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
The State of Alaska does not make any exclusive contractual agreements with guides as they have been ruled unconstitutional. State lands, especially if they are in good hunting areas, will have multiple guides operating on them.

Check references carefully and give the local AK F&G biologist a call about the area, the amount and size of game recently taken as well as the number of guides operating there.

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4202 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BHW
posted Hide Post
I appreciate the responses. I would still like the know what the apparent problems were with the outfitter and those who responded less than positive on the outfitter being used. It will benefit everyone if there is a cause for concern.

one of us
posted Hide Post
The mis-information posted about the area described in the post is, by itself, a "cause for concern."

Joe

Where there's a hobble, there's hope.

Posts: 369 | Location: Homer, Alaska | Registered: 04 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My response was in part due to the description of the land being hunted knowing that state land is wide open. Exclusive State land? Red flag.I also know who he is and have heard a lot of rumors I can't verify as being true. I've contacted the state to get info, but haven't got a response from them yet. Until I do I won't say anything else either on this forum or in a pm.

Posts: 141 | Location: Eastern Oregon | Registered: 26 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BHW
posted Hide Post
Alasken if you get anything back from the state that would be helpful to me and my clients I would appreciate an update. I applaud you for being responsible in not posting rumors.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I emailed the state several days ago, no answer. I sent another yesterday and will call them Monday am. I'll let you know the outcome.