THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ALASKA HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Alaska Hunting Forum    Re: Price increase for license and tags

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Price increase for license and tags
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am an Alaska resident and a military man. I don't live in Alaska right now, I live in Spain.

I agree Alaska "appears to be a good value". An Alaskan hunting adventure is something that you can find many places in the world. It's a true wilderness experience in a land far off the beaten path. You can have this in Russia, Canada, and Alaska and no where else.

The hunting thrill factor in Alaska is huge, but cost are not now nor will they ever be cheap. There is very little drive in hunting in Alaska.

You are right about the Game and Fish in Alaska being full of anti-hunting retards hell bent on making hunting in Alaska harder.

Only the BLM, Forrest Service, and Park Service is worse. Bunny huggers go to Alaska to be fish cops because they think it will bring them closer to nature.

Posts: 228 | Location: Spain Jerez (Cadiz) | Registered: 08 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The caribou hunt for the Delta herd this year was a walk in hunt.You had to walk 8-10 miles before you could hunt then cross an uncrossible river.The # of hunters from last year before this change was in the hundreds this year it was 27 and 7 caribou were killed.They want to make it so hard that you will quit hunting.I have seen the F&G in Alaska tell people the wrong information in their office then later arrest the person they told this information.The hunting regs are more complicated than the IRS tax book.If you look at the moose regs for area 20 its govt at its worst.Its the north bank of the south fork of the east west side of the upper bank of the river.The whole fish and game books needs to be rewritten instead of adding to what we already have on the books.If they charge per animal there will be so much poaching they will lose money instead of the increase that they thing they will get.There are way more illegal moose killed by russian where I live than legalk ones killed by hunters already.The hunters hunt two weeks out of the year the russian hunt all year any thing that walks!

Posts: 2534 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No Alaska is certainly not cheap but it remains in my minds eye the best value per dollar in the hunting world. I also get the benefit of supporting sportsman, guides, outfitters etc in my own country when I hunt there. Hunting has become expensive any place especially in a guided sense. Planes, fuel, leases even getting the groceries and water to a spike camp can be a expensive venture. Alaska is still by far the hands down winner of best values for a true wilderness experience where you can expect to see plenty of game and have a reasonable chance at not only filling tags but true trophy animals. Hunting access and licenses as well as the ADFG etc are all political issues that exist in every state and country. The only hope I see for that is for us all as sportsman to continue to support organizations we believe in and make our voices heard.

Posts: 1010 | Registered: 03 February 2004Reply With Quote