Find
Notify
Tools

Blacktail Hunt on Kodiak?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bhtkevin
posted
Anyone recommend a transporter on Kodiak Island for big blacktail? Looking for a father son hunt and would love to combine with some fishing.

Thanks!
Kevin

Posts: 147 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 29 March 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
For a transporter, we've always used Andrew Air.
Good folks. You might be able to rent some camping gear thru them as well. Sorry, don't have a phone #. There are other flying services but don't have names handy. Any one you come up with will be good. Kodiak pilots are the best in the world.
To search for others, remember, Google is your friend.
Bear in Fairbanks

Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

I never thought that I'd live to see a President worse than Jimmy Carter. Well, I have.

Gun control means using two hands.

Posts: 1544 | Location: Fairbanks, Ak., USA | Registered: 16 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Andrews airservice can fly you in and probably give you some names to contact for the boat portion

Posts: 1195 | Location: Billings,MT | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I beleive Jake Jacobson does boat hunts on Kodiak. I never hunted with him, but he has been at it a long time. As always, due your homework.

Be safe, good luck and post an AAR and photos when you return.

Cold Zero

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Deer numbers are way down from past year due to last winter. Check out the area you are going to hunt as to deer sitings and success rates.

Tim

one of us
posted Hide Post
Kevin,

Tim is correct. Just talked to a guide who hunted Kodiak this season. Very few deer and the bigg bucks are teh ones hardest hit by a bad winter. How about a drop off caribou hunt? I have a good opportunity if your interested.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12917 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bhtkevin
posted Hide Post
Thanks so much for the info guys. Mark, sent you an email.

Kevin

Posts: 147 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 29 March 2012Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I went with kodiak charters in Larson Bay. Good People. Deer numbers were not so great. They also took us halibut fishing and pulled some crab pots. I actually had a great time regardless of the winter kill.

posted Hide Post
I have used south kodiak adventures 4 times. Gary is based out of akhiok by olga bay and deadmans bay. We go as a group of six and limit out every year. Dont know how it was this year but they usually dont get as much snow as other parts of the island. They supply all food and drink minus alcohol. He has 2 houses that are fully stocked with food, and there is washer and drier so you can wash clothes every day. The way the weather is there it sure is nice to be indoors every night. Theboat he takes you out on everyday is very comfortable and fully stocked. Last time i was there 2 years ago we got 16 bucks a fox and i got an eight foot kodiak. There are lots of bear there but it is open country so you can see them from a ways away. I am hoping to go down there again next year. Check out his website and you can see some of the deer taken out of that area

Posts: 3 | Location: Wasilla, ak | Registered: 04 November 2012Reply With Quote