New
Find
Notify
Tools

quick check in after bear hunt.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I got back from Alaska on the 10th. I had a great time. Alaska is everything I was told it was it and more! It is bigger, more green and denser than I expected, it is wilder and more expensive (Breakfeast for 3 close to 50 bucks). I had a couple of 2 realnice boars in my sights,but never got to close the deal on them. I did take a very nice sow that went 6 foot square (if you just tuged on her a little, 5' 8" with no help). I got home to a dead computer and no internet. I will do a full report later.

Thanks to all the help before the hunt, a special thanks to cal papas for letting us drop by.

JD

DRSS
9.3X74 tika 512
9.3X74 SXS
Merkel 140 in 470 Nitro

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. Looking forward to hearing the rest.

Posts: 1449 | Location: New England | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
Congrats! When I got back into Dillingham AK from my brown bear hunt, after we got the plane unloaded and the trophy to the shippers I took my outfitter (John Peterson), and my guide (Jason Fawcett) out for burgers and beers. The burgers were $14, the beers $7 each. I commented to my guide that the last time I paid $14 for a burger someone was taking their clothes off ... Unfortunately my cute waitress overhead me and informed me it was going to cost a lot more than that in Dillingham ...

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4773 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Don_G
posted Hide Post
More! More! Smiler

Don_G

...from Texas, by way of Mason, Ohio and Aurora, Colorado!

Posts: 1645 | Location: Elizabeth, Colorado | Registered: 13 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Congratulations JD. beer

You are hooked now, like Africa, Alaska has a way of capturing your hunting heart! I assure you that this will not be your last trip to Alaska. I lost your phone number and I wanted to know how your 9.3 loading went, or did you end up takeing a Bolt rifle?
............................................................................ tu2

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote