Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Mnt Goat outa Ketchikan
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Blacktail53
posted
Muskeg, Saw the photo in the sportings good store in Ketchikan and it is an outstanding billy. His horns start thick and carry it through their length. Great photo too. I hunted out of Berners Bay in 74' and shot a little goat (8") It was a great experiance and I want to try it again. I can see from my research that it will be a year or two before I can make this happen though. Oregon now issues about 2 goat tags a year and growing, but the draw odds are less than dismal. I really enjoy your web page and bookmarked it. Thx, Blacktail53

Posts: 267 | Location: So. Oregon | Registered: 11 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Primo Ed took a 11.5" billy on opening morning. He said it has big basses. It will score high up in the book. That's when he gets around to scoring it after he gets back from his Sheep hunts up north.

My hunter just took the 4th Goat killed this season, in unit 1a. He took a nice Billy with a Bow.

Now it's over to Prince of Wales to see if he can stick a Blacktail.

Posts: 27 | Location: ketchikan | Registered: 18 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
11" billie or nannie?

one of us
Picture of BW
posted Hide Post
There's Johnnie Laird who owns Muskeg Excursions. He posts here from time to time too. I'v never hunted with him, but he's always been free with advice on all aspects of hunting in Alaska.

Posts: 778 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BW
posted Hide Post
You better not tarry! Gov. Murkowski is planning on building a road from Juneau to Skagway right through there. Plus, one native corp is trying to trade their logged out land for pristine land in Berners Bay.

Either way, it can't last forever...

Posts: 778 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote