New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shankster Hunt Report
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Well have been in Alaska camp since the 9th of August just returned.
We had an average year. I like to thank all the guys that came up from AR who purchase hunts with us. The weather was a little rough some days but not as bad as last year. We had over 20 hunters from all over the country. Even an X 49 niner center. We had a great camp.
Well I dont have all the pictures yet but will give you some of the moose I harvested.
First we harvested
11 Dall Rams
4 Moose biggest 65" mine was 64"
4 caribou
2 Grizzly Bears
2 Black Wolves
And lots of fun.
Well these pictures may not be the best. I shot him at 250 yards off hand and finished him at 300 yards he was down stream of a large beaver pond. Used my Blaser R-8 300 weatherby 200 grain partition bullets and a Trijicon 3x9 new scope with retical. My Guide was a young man who works for the state of alaska criminal division. His Name is Daniel Graham the grandson of the great guide Bob Graham of Wasilla .
[IMG:top] [/IMG]
My Guide Daniel
The high Point to the left on the picture is where I shot from.
Home for a week

Also we had over 13 Grizzly sightings and 2 false Sow Charges. Had one sow with 3 cubs.
If interested contact me for 2014. We have a few sheep and moose openings.
Thanks
Larry
PS: Also for the moose purist hunters I know I violated the first rule never kill them in the water but thats all there was. No other option.
Sorry next time i will shoot one on Dry Land.

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JustOneMoreShot
posted Hide Post
Good pictures. Very good moose! Congrats. You all got a lot of great game. I am anxious to see more pictures! Sorry about the moose laying down for you in the drink... at least he wasn't too deep!

Posts: 54 | Location: GA USA | Registered: 16 February 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
Nice bull and I am sure you had a great time up there. The north grows on you.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1819 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your moose! At least the water wasn't any deeper! I'd love to see some sheep pictures!

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am trying to gather some up
We have guys sending them in to us
Will post some soon as I get them.
I had a great 6 weeks
Next year only 3 weeks
Larry

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here are a few more pictures
This is one of the packers

WHAT A PICTURE HE USED HIS I PHONE

SOME OF THE RAMS

WILL POST MORE LATER

One of Us
posted Hide Post
WOW!
Great production huh?
Fine pics too.
Thanks for sharing, lets see more.
George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5957 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote