New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shooting School?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
So, have given myself an early Christmas present, in the form of a new MG Arms Ultralite rifle (TBD in 300WM). And, in order to get the range time & srriously upgrade my skills in the mid/long range, am thinking of going back to “school”… a top shooting school.

I am thinking that I need to go somewhere that’s going to teach me the theory – but then get me shooting out to 400yds, quick and precise (like can easily happen in the mountains) + further with all the prep.

My list includes SAAM and Gunwerks – does anyone have any recommendation / personal experiences?

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
PM sent

Posts: 19604 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I went to TX Rifle & Pistol for long range shooting. It was well worth it in my opinion.

Posts: 12103 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alaskaman11
posted Hide Post
Rifles Only does a hell of a good school. So does Thunder Ranch!

Double Rifles, This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight. Not as clumsy or random as bolt rifle. An elegant weapon for a more civilized age.

DRSS
Chapuis 9.3x74R
NRA Life Member

Posts: 293 | Location: Anchorage Alaska | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the names!

Surprised nobody says SAAM, thought they had a good following...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Closer to you is Storm Mountain Training Center in W. Virginia. They offer many precision rifle classes including movers.

Cold Zero

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Im a certified shooting instructor here in Argentina and im a friend of many USA instructors ,so ill try to give you my advice.
SAAM is a great school ,the instructors former SEALS with hunting experience you can combine it with a bit of hunting ,many good trophies there,Gunsite offers very nice courses ,one of their instructors IL LING NEW is a good friend and has an incredible experience,RIFLES ONLY is excelent too ,Clint Smith at THUNDER RANCH does a good work .
Accuracy 1st provides superior sniper training/techniques to the highest levels of Military snipers. Todd Hodnett, President of Accuracy 1st, is considered one of the most respected and saught after instructors in the entire world.So you can choose among them there are many more ,just send me a PM some of them are personal friends of mine .

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6382 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wolf precision in johnstown, PA. 3 day class will het you out to 1100 yds or maybe more. Teach you to read the wind, and range with your scope. Totally no pressure and no chest beaters. Jamie runs a real laid back class. I have heard of guys to the mount storm facility and having to deal with chest beating

Posts: 718 | Location: va | Registered: 30 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SAAM PRECISION gets my vote. Greatest gift a shooter can give himself.

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I second that SAAM vote!!!

Posts: 477 | Location: western arkansas | Registered: 11 July 2010Reply With Quote