THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ALASKA HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Alaska Hunting Forum    I say "F#$K -IT" I'm going shooting!

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I say "F#$K -IT" I'm going shooting!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Deutsch-Drahthaar
posted
Well Fairbanks temp. fell out the bottom this weekend some places down to -52F and it's been in the negetives for some time know. I woke up this morning and it was 20F..To bad I had to go to work. So hell with em' I going shooting tomorrow! I have been a discruntled employee where I haven't been shooting at least once or twice a week.

The power invested in me by my own authority, I here by announce this day of the Twenty first of January in the year of our lord Two Thousand and four.

"National Go tell your boss to F-OFF! I'm Going shooting day."

Ben

Posts: 112 | Location: Fairbanks, Alaska | Registered: 25 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

"National Go tell your boss to F-OFF! I'm Going shooting day."

That could be almost any day for me. It's just a matter of how many of my co-workers I can drag to the range with me.

Posts: 512 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 25 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Great idea !! I did that only once at my previous high intensity job and felt great that day for taking off - will do this often with my new job and no, I won't be inviting co-workers or the boss to go along because I am running short of targets.................... KMule

Posts: 1300 | Location: Alaska.USA | Registered: 15 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You guys will love this idea! A fellow I know had a sympathetic doctor who advised him to relive himself of stress in his life. So this fellow says" How about writting me a prescription for "shooting as a stress reliever". The doc did and now when he "needs" to go out he is under his doctors orders. derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gonzo FreakPower
posted Hide Post
None of you guys happen to work for the Post Office do you? this is a little scary.

That said, I enjoy my weekly "shock therapy" sessions as much as everyone else here and if I could find a doctor to prescribe it for me now and then I'd really be in paradise.

Posts: 557 | Location: Various... | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yea, we hit -55 in Fort Yukon with a 10 mph wind. That's a little stiff... -78 windchill I think. It is warming up though. I think we'll get above zero this week. Twenty degrees you say? That's pretty nice. Winter's not over but that would tempt me to get the flip flops out.

Posts: 4168 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
I took advantage of the warm spell today, 30F in Anchortown, and got out during lunch for the first time this year, first time in several months for that matter.

I managed to pull the trigger on my 458 Lott project gun, though the fire form loads were too wimpy to blow out the 375 H&H cases. I also put some lead down range from the 350 Rigby.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote