THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ALASKA HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Alaska Hunting Forum    Seward Peninsula spring grizzly hunts?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Seward Peninsula spring grizzly hunts?
 Login/Join

<allen day>
posted
I'm coming down with another spring grizzly hunt, only this time I want to do it in Alaska instead of B.C.

Years ago, Bob Hannon used to be a top producer of excellent spring grizzly trophies in the Seward peninsula. Over the last ten years (at least) his star seems to have faded, but I'm still fascinated with the idea of hunting spring grizzly in the Seward.

Who are the current top guides in that area who could help me and really do it right? I'd have to go in '05 or '07, as I have a brown bear hunt scheduled with Jimmy Rosenbruch in '06.

Thanks,
AD

one of us
Picture of JBabcock
posted Hide Post
Allen,

I think that Bob is still the guide I'd go with. My brother lives in Nome and is a real authority when it comes to Grizzly Bears on the Peninsula. I know he would recommend Bob, if you want to talk to him, PM me or E-mail me at jdbabcock@integrity.com and I'll give you his number. There are some NICE Bears coming off of the Seward Peninsula right now. Scott, my brother has been involved with 3 or 4 Boone and Crockett Bears, and is the owner of one that goes top 50 all time.

He knew where the Bear was, but had already shot one. So he went and got his best friend, Joe Small and they went after it. Joe shot it, and went into the Book as the Hunter, but he gave the skull to my brother.

Score is 26 1/4", hide squared out at 8' 10". That's a big Grizzly Bear.

one of us
Picture of JBabcock
posted Hide Post
I don't think I made myself clear on my previous post. If you want to talk to my brother about Grizzlies on the Seward Peninsula, get a hold of me and I'll pass his number along to you. I don't have Bob Hannon's number, but Scott does.