New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vital size on a Grizzly
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
What is the average vital size of an Alaskan mountain Grizzly? 12"? Or bigger? For targeting purposes

Thanks

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2852 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
I would want to be able to put my bullet in a 6" diameter circle offhand at 100 yards and with a rest at 200 yards every time. Anyone with some practice should be able to do that.

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4737 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You've got about a five gallon bucket size vital area, maybe a little smaller. But not much.

Master guide #212
Black River Hunting Camps llc
www.alaska-bearhunting.com

Posts: 1396 | Location: Big lake alaska | Registered: 11 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of waterrat
posted Hide Post
About the size of a breadbox!

I tend to use more than enough gun

Posts: 1410 | Location: lake iliamna alaska | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of HiDrag
posted Hide Post
If they are coming towards you is is very small especially if you are fleeing Smiler

quote:
Originally posted by gunslinger55:
What is the average vital size of an Alaskan mountain Grizzly? 12"? Or bigger? For targeting purposes

Thanks

Surgeon Slut

Posts: 21 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 09 July 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Better not flee then, looks bad on video....

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2852 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of waterrat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chuck375:
I would want to be able to put my bullet in a 6" diameter circle offhand at 100 yards and with a rest at 200 yards every time. Anyone with some practice should be able to do that.

I tack paper plates up from 40 - 75 yds and run a few magazine fulls out there a couple times before bear season,,it helps.

I tend to use more than enough gun

Posts: 1410 | Location: lake iliamna alaska | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote