New
Find
Notify
Tools

Timothy Treadwell
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I had heard a lot about this guy, and just saw the movie on him "Grizzly Man". I can't get over his insanity. I think he had a deathwish. I assume 99% of Alaskans think he was a clown?

-----------------------------------------
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. -Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Posts: 891 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 07 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mustbhuntn
posted Hide Post
And nutritious and delicious. And a dumb ass. And many other things. None of which are good.
popcorn

Posts: 322 | Location: Green Forest, Arkansas | Registered: 24 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
You mean Timmie Tastewell? Big Grin

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post
Not to mention he got his girlfriend murdered too.

--------------------
THANOS WAS RIGHT!

Posts: 9823 | Location: Montana | Registered: 25 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
Tread well has a new book out called
Bears, an insiders view. dancing

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4202 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 458Win:
Tread well has a new book out called
Bears, an insiders view. dancing

Good One!! Big Grin

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MuskegMan
posted Hide Post
If you haven't seen the Grizzly Man spoof video, you are missing some hilarious stuff. Just google it or look for it on U-Tube. You'll be ROTFLYAO, guaranteed!!!

rotflmo

Posts: 2097 | Location: S.E. Alaska | Registered: 18 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
I think I object to the idea that he was "nutritious and delicious,". As I understand it, Treadwell was a drug user. If that was the case I'd think his carcass would be very un healthy for anyones consumption. I mean don't we all complain about drug laden domestic meat and how much better for you game meat is?

As to delicious, I'd been thinking that candy, soda pop, chips, Kraft cheese and low grade beer would make us all taste pretty darn bad. Don't lie, you all know you've eaten it at least once. Good as corn fed deer or geese? Hardly! Treadwell was as good as a wild run Alaska king salmon? Not even close.

I wonder if the real truth is that the bears that killed him were in fact stoned from a "Contact High," and their high was just furthered from consuming them. This drugged meat in turn induced them to attack the rangers, resulting in the bears timely and (all things considered,) humane death.

Posts: 9199 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My partner & I were supposed to fly into Afognak Island for an elk hunt the day Dumbass & his girlfriend were found. We couldn't get out due to weather so our pilot decided to check out his (Dumbass's) camp site. That's when he found 'em. We were still weathered in on Tues. when the trooper came in & asked if he could go thru their gear out in the hangar. From what we could see from a distance, a lot of stuff was pretty torn up. Needless to say, our pilot was extremely upset & we were not our usual, jovial selves. Sure as shootin', Dumbass murdered his girlfriend. One of the other bad things is that he'd been on national TV giving the impression that bears are cute & cuddley and propagandising his bullshit. Just what all the protectionists & greenies love. In short, I've never seen the movie and won't. I'm not gonna donate my money nor waste my time watching some movie where a bunch of other dumbasses can be brainwashed into thinking bears are cute & cuddly. Just my opinions & I'm gonna stick to 'em. Bear in Fairbanks

Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

I never thought that I'd live to see a President worse than Jimmy Carter. Well, I have.

Gun control means using two hands.

Posts: 1544 | Location: Fairbanks, Ak., USA | Registered: 16 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
The first time Treadwell started getting write-ups in national papers one of my guides cut out the article and sent it to me with his note on the bottom saying "this guy is future bear shit"

His demise didn't surprise many of us although the fact that it took 13 years to come about proved his contention that he was not all wrong about bear behavior. They are not all man eating monsters just waiting out there for us. Even dumb-shits like Treadwell can harass and molest bears unarmed for 13 years and get away with it.

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4202 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
An interesting and detailed analyses of how it happened. How "Dumb Shit" leads to "Bear Shit".

http://www.yellowstone-bearman.com/Tim_Treadwell.html

I've often wondered who determined that we were at the top of the food chain. We ain't...we're just supposed to be smart enough (most of the time) to stay off of the menu.

"Isn't it pretty to think so."

Posts: 148 | Location: Cascade Foot Hills | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
One thing about Alaska, the stupids will eventually bite the dust. It is a shame that he had to take his girlfriend with him, but I guess she could be termed a stupid for trusting one. I was hunting Caribou within a few miles of where they were killed two weeks prior to their deaths. My guide and I saw 65 Bears in six days and he commented on how too many people that know very little about Bears are getting very close to them, and someday they will get hurt. The Bears he claimed to be protecting are dead because he was a stupid. Good shooting.

phurley

Posts: 2354 | Location: KY | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I dont think he forced his girlfriend to come up there or stay with him. She was a grown woman, no reason to feel sorry for her....

one of us
Picture of Palmer
posted Hide Post
According to Nick Jans in "The Grizzly Maze" when Treadwell was heading out of Kodiak in 2003 he told "Kathleen Parker that he he felt so good - he did not have any girlfriend, no worries."

"Considering that she's quit her post as a physician's assistant in Boulder and found one in L.A. at Cedars-Sanai Medical Center-just to be with Timothy" ..."and now she's uprooting to live with him - yet he tells one of his closest friends that he's unencumbered?"

Obviously she thought more of him than he did of her.

Ironically, after not getting along well in the field in 2003, while back in Kodiak getting ready to leave for Seattle then L.A. there was a problem at the Alaska Airlines terminal in that the Airlines wanted to charge more for a change in tickets and that resulted in an argument and the hothead Timothy stormed out and decided to go back to the Grizzly Maze. "Amie swept along in his backwash."

ALLEN W. JOHNSON - DRSS

Into my heart on air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?
That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again.

A. E. Housman

Posts: 2251 | Location: Mo, USA | Registered: 21 April 2002Reply With Quote