Find
Notify
Tools

Thermal underwear advice
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted
Which is the best thermal underwear for extreme weather ?

Looking for something with several layers, with the lowest moisture regain available...

Intended to use when hunting at temperatures near 0ªF , in a type of hunt where you need to be still and quiet for several hours ...

I have just bought the Maxit thermal bodysuit, but haven`t received it yet so I don´t know still if my expectations will be satisfied with this purchase (I will receive it in a couple of weeks, when my brother returns from the States - so I am still in time to buy something more suitable, if needed... )

suggestions and opinions will be appreciated thumb

Thank you all in advance

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gumboot458
posted Hide Post
//.,There are lots of factors involved in staying warm in 0 weather...What kind of cold are you used to ??,,How much do you normally perspire...How wet or strenous will your hunting be..I prefer Polar Tec 100 weight under 200 wt Polar Tec..A polar Tec or other micro fleece Baclava that covers most of the face........If its dry , 0 isn,t really cold , unless you are from someplace where you wear shorts more than pants .,.,

.If it can,t be grown , its gotta be mined ....

Posts: 3445 | Location: Copper River Valley , Prudhoe Bay , and other interesting locales | Registered: 19 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I wore Cabela's Polar Weight Thermastat top and bottom in Feb in Northern Ontario for a wolf hunt. Temps were 8 below to 18 below and we did a lot of standing, using this as one of my layers I had no problem at all. They held up great, I would highly recommend them. Good luck!
Joe

Posts: 185 | Location: ohio | Registered: 13 June 2003Reply With Quote