Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ankle fit hip waders for Alaska?
 Login/Join

posted
I am looking for ankle fit hip waders with a lug or bob sole for a Coastal brown bear hunt this spring.

Fit is the most important consideration as well as a boot with a steel shank.

What type of boots are people using for this type of hunt?

Thanks, Seeker

Posts: 22 | Location: chicago il | Registered: 20 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have used Lacrosses Big Chiefs, I recently got a pair of the Cabelas Ultimate fit Contour Hippers and they are lighter and fit me better. Get several replacement felt insoles they are cheap and that way you have a dry set every day. I too am going brown bear hunting next month on the Peninsula, taking the Cabelas ones this time.

Posts: 170 | Location: Interior Alaska | Registered: 08 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
I bought some Cabela's waders for my Alaska Moose hunt last fall ( ten day turned to 13) I wore them every day all day and they worked fantastic and will last through many more trips. They were the kind that had an Airbob sole an ankle cinch strap and made with neoprene uppers. Kinda goofy looking but lighter than rubber ones and worked really goood.

Posts: 5603 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sourdough
posted Hide Post
I use the same ones snellstrom uses. I have used them for three season's now and love them. I have bad heel spurs and my orthodics fit into them well. On extended hunts I wear wool socks, with a poly liner to wick away the moisture. I also carry extra orthotics to change them out each day. At the end of every day I remove the orthotic and leave the top rolled down so the inside can dry. The strap makes them snug enough to hike in, yet easy to remove unlike anklefit waders that take two men and a boy to remove.

Gun Control means Hitting your target

Posts: 30 | Location: North Pole, Alaska | Registered: 22 January 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks, guys for the help.
Seeker

Posts: 22 | Location: chicago il | Registered: 20 January 2005Reply With Quote