Find
Notify
Tools

Todays moose
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of waterrat
posted
I spent the morning doing chores around the homestead and my wife went moose hunting. Her 99 in 284 w/140 Barnes XXX proved up to the task. Tenderloin and heart for dinner was superb.
While she was admiring her shot a very big bull walked out of the brush next to his buddy.

I tend to use more than enough gun

Posts: 1409 | Location: lake iliamna alaska | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Perfect!! thumb

Posts: 2352 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
Right on Man!

Looks like you're timing was perfect. Fine, her timing was perfect.

I dunno whats going on over your way but here its pouring rain. There was a great big gaggle of fellers headed out this morning to go hunt but I wonder now if they'll actually do it.

Well done!

Posts: 9141 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Akshooter
posted Hide Post
Rain- holy cow I hope thats headed my way. my thermomerter has'nt registered above zero in a week.

you guys are making me feel bad. I have'nt gotten out since last month. Good going

DRSS
NRA life
AK Master Guide 124

Posts: 1562 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Congrats to the ol'lady. clap

one of us
Picture of Ol Bull
posted Hide Post
Congrats to your wife on a Very Nice Bull. beer

" If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand which feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countryman " Samuel Adams, 1772

Posts: 1117 | Location: Helena, MT, USA | Registered: 01 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
WR:
Congrats on your wife's success. Yup, moose heart is great. There are only 2 of us out of 4 in our hunting group that like the heart, their loss & our gain.
Weather? It's finally "warmed up" to about -10 at our house outside of North Pole. It was about -30 earlier in the week. Maybe it'll "warm up" to about zero so I can take the sled dog out for a run with the 4-wheeler.
Ya'll have a very Merry Christmas now.
Later, Bear in Fairbanks

Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

I never thought that I'd live to see a President worse than Jimmy Carter. Well, I have.

Gun control means using two hands.

Posts: 1544 | Location: Fairbanks, Ak., USA | Registered: 16 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sevenxbjt
posted Hide Post
Good for her, a pretty fruitful Saturday morning by the looks of it. Congrats.