THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ALASKA HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Alaska Hunting Forum    Buying land (or a hunting lodge) in Alaska

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buying land (or a hunting lodge) in Alaska
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of GreybeardBushman
posted
Where would be the best place to look for a hunting lodge in Alaska?

Have lived Down Under all my life but now the financial situation has changed and we are looking at alternatives.

Are there any real obstacles to my family (myself, wife and two offspring, a girl at 20 and a boy at 18) buying land in Alaska?

My son and I even have tossed up the idea of a hunting lodge as at 50, I am a bit too young to retire and I have spent my whole life hunting (when not working. I am a teacher by profession).

Any ideas where to lok will be greatly appreciated

Ross

Posts: 728 | Location: The Wimmera, Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ross

I don't know exactly where to tell you to start but I will say I lived in the "Bush" in Alaska for over 20 years and there is always someone with a lodge going out of business. I think to be competitive you need to put so much into it that the profit margin is small with a very short season.

Anyway you might do a search of Anchorage, AK realtors and see who handles things like this. I don't think there is any reason for not doing it other than loosing your shirt. You can live someplace pleasant and do a lot of quided hunts for what a lodge would cost you.

Contact me anytime if I can be of further assistance.

Regards,

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12917 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Iliamna Lake Lodge was for sale when I was there last Sept. It's a big lodge...probably 20 rooms, I would guess.

It's in Iliamna, west of Anchorage.

Use enough gun...
Shoot 'till it's dead, especially if it bites.

Posts: 898 | Location: Southlake, Tx | Registered: 30 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
ADAM CLEMENTS SAFARI TRACKERS INC.
http://www.safaritrackers.com
Mark H. Young
Tele: 1-307-587-6372
Cell: 307-250-1156
E-mail:markttc@msn.com

Mark, the like to Safari Trackers hasn't worked for awhile...all I see is a big black square with a red "X"

Use enough gun...
Shoot 'till it's dead, especially if it bites.

Posts: 898 | Location: Southlake, Tx | Registered: 30 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Trademark

I just now clicked on it and the whole thing came up. Adam added some things which we didn't have before if you are interested. He might have been working on it when you tried.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12917 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote