New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dennis Harms...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
..has come highly reccommended. Anyone know him and/or hunted with him?

Thanks.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i've talked to him a few times. he's done hunts for a bunch of the people in our chapter of sci. I know that in general they have been well satisfied. only complaint i heard was that on a moose hunt he had hired some packer to get the moose out and then charged the hunter an extra 800 for doing it.

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
IMO among the very best in Alaska.

Posts: 68 | Location: AK, MN winter | Registered: 06 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dennis Harms got me a gigantic Moose in the middle of the Farewell Burn in 1999 and I couldn't have been more pleased with all aspects of the hunt. Of the six hunters that hunted out of our camp near the Iditarod trail, four went into the two year records book or the all time Boone and Crockett Book. He was hunting all game then and had three airplains and 14 horses. His yearly brochures now only illustrate fishing camps and Kodiak Bear camps. He had some of the best guides in Alaska at that time. I would bet the bank on him and his people. thumb
Good shooting.

phurley

Posts: 2363 | Location: KY | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chisana
posted Hide Post
Dennis has some good guides working his Kodiak bear areas. He's not working out of Post Lake any longer.

NRA Life Member
GOA Life Member
Distinguished Rifleman
President's Hundred

Posts: 390 | Location: Juneau, Alaska | Registered: 11 January 2006Reply With Quote