Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

500 S&W
 Login/Join

posted
I plan to load for a friend that is a bush pilot that lives in Alaska. He hunts and has the 500S&W as a backup for Grizz, he sleeps with it when in his tent. He takes other precautions as well,but one never knows in Alaska. Of course his life may very well depend on the bullet and load. From reading some of the posts, The Cast Performance Bullet Company might be a good choice.
I have also posted this in the reloading forum,wanted to get the most input I could.

I would appreciate any help.

Ron

Posts: 5 | Location: North, FL | Registered: 05 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
check out the hornady 500gr XTP

Posts: 671 | Location: Anchorage, Alaska | Registered: 31 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Redhawk1
posted Hide Post
Any of the 440 gr hard cast bullets up to 575 gr. hard cast bullets will work. I load and shot the 575 gr. all the time. I have two 500 Mags, a 4 inch and a 8 3/8 inch. I get my bullets from Ranger Rick, he lives in Homer Alaska. Here is his e-mail address. RGibson@ci.homer.ak.us

If you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Member of the Delaware Destroyers
Member Reeders Misfits
NRA Life Member ENDOWMENT MEMBER
NAHC Life Member
DSA Life Member

Posts: 3142 | Location: Magnolia Delaware | Registered: 15 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I my S&W 500 I shoot the 500 gr bullets I get from Midsouth on the web. The Web address is http://www.midsouthshooters.com. I can shoot these at 1400 FPS. These are jacketed bullets with SP.

Posts: 2209 | Location: Delaware | Registered: 20 December 2002Reply With Quote