THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ALASKA HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Alaska Hunting Forum    I definately disagree with the last sentence in this article - bear attack

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I definately disagree with the last sentence in this article - bear attack
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Kabluewy
posted
This article seems accurate, but the last sentence got me. IMO, this black bear was predatory, and needed shooting.

The comment in the article is about griz bear. The animal in the confrontation was a black bear, IMO looking for dinner.

KB

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/...3613.html?1337898829

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Posts: 12818 | Registered: 16 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's the huffington post. Take with a grain of salt.

A lesson in irony

The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing this year the greatest amount of free Meals and Food Stamps ever, to 46 million people.

Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us... "Please Do Not Feed the Animals." Their stated reason for the policy is because "The animals will grow dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."

Thus ends today's lesson in irony.

Posts: 1626 | Location: Michigan but dreaming of my home in AK | Registered: 01 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The last sentence is just more BS from One should never have to kill a bear growd.

Pepper spray works the best BS.

I perfer a good firearm myself.

Posts: 19599 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Read that "green" crap and what do you expect? I'm surprised they got any of the details right..

Posts: 432 | Location: Wyoming/ Idaho, St Joe river | Registered: 17 November 2005Reply With Quote