One of Us
posted
Looking for a charter flight from Anchorage to the Dillinger Drainage unit 19C
Sept 6th
Return open
It maybe 2 guy 's
Larry
Elk88101@hotmail.com

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Larry,

I lived in Alaska for 22 years. Not all Anchorage based flying Services are the same. Ask who your outfitter recommends.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13015 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
How big of a plane? 180? Baever? Otter?
If you can use a smaller plane I'd fly out of Talkeetna.
I've used Talkeetna Air and K2 before with good luck. But I don't think that have any Beavers ect. Check out their websites.
If you want Anch. based I'd use Rusts Flying Service.

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike
Just me may another guy not sure yet. 180 plenty
Yeah contacted Rust they only fly float planes back in the bush.He gave me a few other contacts.
I was just doing my own homework seeing if there was any new guy's out there.
My outfitter is working on some new pilots.
I did not want to fly to McGrath and spend the night again. Was looking to go direct from Anchorage to 19C
Larry

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
When it comes to bush planes I'd go with old and reliable VS new guys.

Remember the phrase "there are old pilots and bold pilots but there are no old bold pilots!"

Are you going to bring the Bradshaw 450 and get it blooded?

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hear parachute drops are much less expensive! :-)

Posts: 20164 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike
I would bring it to show you but want to hunt with my Blaser 375. Also if I left it with you I would probably never see you or the gun again. sofa
But if you really want to see it I guess I could stuff in in my double rifle case.
If I bring it, we will need to get all the alaska AR members to anchorage to have a showing.
Larry

One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
A DR shoot would be a possibility on a Sunday for me. The others get going on Saturday but I have to work. Frowner
Youd get your rifle back safe and sound no worries! It's going to have a few more on the round count though! Wink
Your rifle already has had some of my brass used in it so a few more won't hurt.. Right?

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike
I am not scheduled to leave till the 25th
I should be back in Anchorage after the 20TH so maybe if I bring it we can have a shoot the 23rd.
This must include dinner at the Glacier Brewhouse.
Now I know I will be overweight with luggage. The ammo alone will limit me out.
Larry

One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
No problem! Let Beibs pay for the extra ammo shipping! What are friends for??? Wink

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Used to live just south of the there in Farewell when it was still inhabited. Considering the Alaska Range and other factors I would fly Pen Air into McGrath and have Mag Air fly me into the Dillinger.

Posts: 179 | Location: South of Anchorage | Registered: 21 January 2012Reply With Quote