Find
Notify
Tools

Re: First trip to AK
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
You'll be back !

Booked my first hunt up there a few years ago, been back two more times, and just booked a grizz hunt for next spring in western AK.

It's beautiful country and there's a whole lot of it to see.

Brooks range kinda interests me. May have to check it out next.

Posts: 199 | Location: North Central Indiana | Registered: 09 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I've got my first trip to Alaska coming up. We leave this Sunday morning. Can't wait!! Salmon and Brown bears will it get any better than that?

Mike

Welcome & Where are you headed to?

Posts: 2361 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'll be headed to the Trapper Creek area. First thing Sunday morning.

Everybody I have talked to can't wait to go back. I hope our trip works out the same.

Don't worry we aren't a bunch of tree hugging wackos. We respect the property of others and expect the same in return.

Regards
Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
Have a great trip. You will have a great time, I just got back from the Kenai yesterday fishing a tourney (Got Skunked)and I will be heading to Fairbanks at the end of the month, just can't get enough!!!

Doug

Posts: 696 | Location: Texas, Wash, DC | Registered: 24 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
dwhunter,
you bring back old memories.Meself and friends used to take an annual fishing pilgrimage to the Kenai for years.
Took us some time to figure that fishing isnt what its advertised to be.
While they probably still have nice salmon runs,they surely have more boats then salmon on the river :>.
Always enjoyed the trips to Homer too,lovely country,but in the final end its more a tourist trap than fishing trip.
We mean to go elsewhere,where they actually have and allow fishing but havent found a solid location yet.

Posts: 795 | Location: CA,,the promised land | Registered: 05 November 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
Quote:

dwhunter,
you bring back old memories.Meself and friends used to take an annual fishing pilgrimage to the Kenai for years.
Took us some time to figure that fishing isnt what its advertised to be.
While they probably still have nice salmon runs,they surely have more boats then salmon on the river :>.
Always enjoyed the trips to Homer too,lovely country,but in the final end its more a tourist trap than fishing trip.
We mean to go elsewhere,where they actually have and allow fishing but havent found a solid location yet.

Kodiak

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It is still a good place to fish for rainbows, halibut and a few other species. Even though the fishing is not what it was 20 years ago I still love to go to the area. I really enjoy taking people that have never gone before, the drive from Anchorage and all the way down the peninsula is still as nice as ever.

Doug

Posts: 696 | Location: Texas, Wash, DC | Registered: 24 April 2003Reply With Quote