New
Find
Notify
Tools

375 ruger scope
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
how would you feel about using a 1.75x6 leupold on the 375 ruger for southeast hunting.. whats your opinions?

Posts: 201 | Location: S.E. Alaska | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds good to me. Go for it.

One of Us
Picture of M70Nut
posted Hide Post
I would feel pretty good about it myself... thumb

"We band of 45-70'ers"

Posts: 845 | Location: S.C. Alaska | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is the exact scope I mounted on my .375 Ruger!

One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
I am not a Leupold guy, mine if the bastard ever gets it built will have the Swarovski Z6 1.7-10x42.

The 375 Ruger is more gun than the 375 H&H is, flatter shooting, more powerful, and in my mind deserves mroe scope.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grizzinater:
how would you feel about using a 1.75x6 leupold on the 375 ruger for southeast hunting.. whats your opinions?

Leupold is what I use period. thumb beer

Posts: 2357 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i have a 1.5-5x on my .375 weatherby, but that was bought before they made the 1.75x6. sounds super to me.

velocity is like a new car, always losing value.
BC is like diamonds, holding value forever.

Posts: 1650 | Location: , texas | Registered: 01 August 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you do go with the Leupold [a good choice, as is Swarivske or S&B] take a look at their Heavy Duplex.

On a 375 and up I really like the Heavy Duplex.

I have it in 1.5-5, 1.75-6, 2.5-8, and in a straight 6X.

It is a great hunting reticle.

And before someone asks, they do not affect my "group" size.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've got a Leupold Rifleman 2-7x on my Ruger Alaskan and I'm pleased with it. Not much difference in magnification.

Posts: 345 | Location: Dauphin Island, Alabama, USA | Registered: 01 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
best s.e. ak scope ive ever used, have several
much better than 1.5--5
better usable eye relief on higher power
bigger obj lens easier to clean leaves and snow out of

If your gonna be dumb, you gotta be tuff.

Posts: 396 | Location: S.E. Alaska | Registered: 01 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gumboot458
posted Hide Post
....1.5-6 x is pretty ideal I have the Burris Sig Select on my 9.3x64 .and I don,t want anything else on it I had Leupold put a heavy duplex reticle in my 1-4 x20 vx2 and I really like it . I put it on my 416 , but it is really my 458 scope ...The 416 had a 1.5-6 on it and it was perfact ...

.If it can,t be grown , its gotta be mined ....

Posts: 3445 | Location: Copper River Valley , Prudhoe Bay , and other interesting locales | Registered: 19 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Perfect scope! How about crosshair thickness?

Posts: 2627 | Location: Where the pine trees touch the sky | Registered: 06 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jriley
posted Hide Post
I have a VXIII 2.5X8 on my Ruger .375 and it works great. I've taken five big game animals with it in a year and it's worked flawlessly each time.

one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
I used the exact magnification on my .375 Ruger, just a different wrapper! Leica 1.75x6 I have had laying around awhile. Great set-up!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have nothing but Leupold scopes. The one on my .338 Mag. is the 1.5-5x Vari-X III. I love it. I'd say your choice is top notch. Bear in Fairbanks

Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

I never thought that I'd live to see a President worse than Jimmy Carter. Well, I have.

Gun control means using two hands.

Posts: 1544 | Location: Fairbanks, Ak., USA | Registered: 16 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Unless you are hunting above timberline or on a beach, you need a scope that will allow you to see more than just fur if a bear shows up inside of 15yds. Wide field of view is a must. The 1.75 should do the job. The reticle should be easy to see in low light. Many years ago there was a local bear guide who used a 6 min dot in a low powered scope on a 375 H&H for his bear shooter.

Posts: 188 | Location: nc | Registered: 03 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't see why it wouldn't work, however my preferences are the 1x4, 1.5x5 and my old time discontinued wonderscopes the 3X Leupolds and in no certain order, they all work for me. I also have the neat little Leupold 2.5 Alaskan 7/8" tube and is a great scope but hard to find and higher'n a cats back, the last one I found was in 90% condition and the guy wouldn't sell for less than $300. but you should be able to find one for about $175 or $200 I would think unless I find it first. wave

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41955 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I second the heavy duplex mentioned above. A bear is a pretty big target and the light is likely to be bad.

Posts: 3174 | Location: Warren, PA | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote