THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ALASKA HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Alaska Hunting Forum    Bear Baiting issue...Say, "Yes to baiting!"

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bear Baiting issue...Say, "Yes to baiting!"
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Deutsch-Drahthaar
posted
Notice:

AF&G '04-'05 Hunting Regulations

(Pg 26 Note: Bear baiting may be eliminated due to a ballot initiative to be voted on in November 2004.)

We knew this was coming!!!!!

I grew up in Montana and now live here Alaska for quite sometime. It is now illegal to hunt with baits in Montana! Bears now are plentiful, (One even made FOX NEWS)too plentiful and outside presure groups are making it hard for hunters in Montana to manage the bear population.

We already have these presure groups telling us about wolf hunting. Put the good word out so we can still bait.

Benifits to baiting:

1. You can be selective in your choice of bears. i.e.- Not shooting the first bear you see....It might be a sow and have hidden cubs.

2. Chances of a animal/human conflict are reduced. i.e - You can predict (In most cases) the bears route.

3. Bear populations can be managed throughout the state.

Let people know that don't hunt about the benifits of baiting. It could be a general conversation at work when you are telling hunting stories.

Fact: There are more non-hunter voters in Alaska than hunters.

Food for thought.

Ben

Posts: 112 | Location: Fairbanks, Alaska | Registered: 25 July 2003Reply With Quote