New
Find
Notify
Tools

Regal Air Anchorage Alaska
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just a notification Regal Air has had some major issues this year. Last week was their 3rd plane crash this year all having pilot deaths. My friend flew with them a few weeks ago an they had mechanical issues after take off and had to return to their base. They called a few mechanics they did a quick repair and off they went. Not sure if any of the accidents have been resolved on the causes yet.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...ainy-pass/ar-AAACEYr

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yikes, I flew on them two years ago.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2649 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Joeblack2345:
Just a notification Regal Air has had some major issues this year. Last week was their 3rd plane crash this year all having pilot deaths. My friend flew with them a few weeks ago an they had mechanical issues after take off and had to return to their base. They called a few mechanics they did a quick repair and off they went. Not sure if any of the accidents have been resolved on the causes yet.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...ainy-pass/ar-AAACEYr

popcorn

Posts: 2361 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A7Dave
posted Hide Post
They've had a rough year. The pilot who crashed in Rainy Pass wasn't some young, low time guy. He was an Alaskan with decades of experience. Only know what I read in the news, but it will be interesting to see what happened. Unfortunately, bad weather in the mountains can catch even experienced guys. Sad.

Dave

Posts: 927 | Location: AKexpat | Registered: 27 October 2008Reply With Quote