THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ALASKA HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Alaska Hunting Forum    Recommend a Fly In Service/ Air Taxi for Moose

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommend a Fly In Service/ Air Taxi for Moose
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Who are your recommendations for an unguided fly in service for a moose hunt? I have heard of Anchorage based air taxi services that overhunt the same areas year after year.

I know there are some reputable services that pre scout the areas where they fly their clients into in order to help ensure success - this is the type of fly in service that I am hoping for.

Does anyone have someone they use consistently or have used in the past and would recommend again?

Thanks,

Brian

Posts: 35 | Location: KS | Registered: 05 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Brian,

Look at Bay Air out of Dillingham. Tom and Janet Schlagel are friends of mine from when I lived in Alaska. They will take good care of you and the moose hunitng can be very good in Unit 17 where they operate. I highly recommend you do not use a service out of Anchorage and particularly not a float trip.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12923 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brian, I would highly recommend Talon air and high air, both out of soldotna.

A lesson in irony

The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing this year the greatest amount of free Meals and Food Stamps ever, to 46 million people.

Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us... "Please Do Not Feed the Animals." Their stated reason for the policy is because "The animals will grow dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."

Thus ends today's lesson in irony.

Posts: 1626 | Location: Michigan but dreaming of my home in AK | Registered: 01 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PWS
posted Hide Post
I'll second Mark Young's suggestion. The Schlagel's have done me and my hunting partners very well. Dillingham is another leg from Anchorage but that pays off in the long run.

Posts: 1141 | Location: Kodiak | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Northman56751
posted Hide Post
I've used Branch River Air out of King Salmon - was great. Can do a moose/caribou combo

Brett

Brett Mattson
www.hosted-hunts.com
E-mail: brett@hosted-hunts.com
Cell: 218-452-0774
Life Member NRA

Posts: 258 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of M70Nut
posted Hide Post
I would look into hunting for moose in the interior, Wright Air Service is top notch and can get you in some very good places to hunt. I flew with them last year and they have some amazing pilots. We are flying with them again this year for caribou and can't wait.

"We band of 45-70'ers"

Posts: 845 | Location: S.C. Alaska | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With Quote