Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hunting Montague for Deer
 Login/Join

posted
Anyone ever deer hunted on Monague or nearby Islands? I was thinking of runnin from Whittier this fall and am looking for info. Any places other than Chenega for fuel? What about Deer on Knight Island?

One of Us
Picture of Badger Matt
posted Hide Post
I hunted Montague in Nov '03. It was a blast -- no pun intended. We went with Ron's Alaskan Adventure ans slept aboard the trawler. Unfortunately, we had little snow so the deer were a bit hard to come by. I took two though and then, and this was the best part, I switched to sea ducks.

I didn't even get off the boat when we overnighted in a Knight Island cove, but the guys saw several.
Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
Matt

Posts: 1247 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: 25 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gumboot458
posted Hide Post
Yes , quite a bit ,but along time ago ,, Patton bay or the rest of the outer coast..It can be pretty rugged getting off the beach if the WX comes up.......It can be done if you have a good crew on the boat and a Gumby Suit...

.If it can,t be grown , its gotta be mined ....

Posts: 3445 | Location: Copper River Valley , Prudhoe Bay , and other interesting locales | Registered: 19 November 2006Reply With Quote