New
Find
Notify
Tools

interior grizz?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am looking for a bear hunt in '05-06. I have considered a brownie but I really don't have the space in my house for a Brown bear trophy. I am thinking about an interior grizz or a brooks range grizz. Any info or connections? "D"

Posts: 1701 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 28 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBabcock
posted Hide Post
If you can do it, the Seward Peninsula is the place right now. And there is no finer Grizzly Bear guide/outfitter than Bob Hannon. The guy puts big bears in the book.

http://www.westernalaskahunting.com/grizzly_hunts.htm

I think they are the finest game animal in North America. I would love to hunt Brown Bears, but the Interior Bears have better colored coats, live in a much harsher enviroment, which adds up to an awesome hunt.

one of us
Picture of JeffP
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I am looking for a bear hunt in '05-06. I have considered a brownie but I really don't have the space in my house for a Brown bear trophy. I am thinking about an interior grizz or a brooks range grizz. Any info or connections? "D"

Like a small moose...no such thing.

Posts: 2482 | Location: Alaska....At heart | Registered: 17 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
D

I have an Alaska master guide that I'm dealing with in the Brooks range. He sells a griz/dall sheep combo for about what a brown bear hunt is going for. Your chance of scoring on a sheep going 36"-37" and a bear squaring about 7 feet are excellent.

If you need further info. shoot me an e-mail.

Regards,

Mark

Posts: 12917 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I will 100% back up the reccomendation of Matt Snyder. Actually, he is partners with his mother Sue, and his step father Frank also guides a little with them, though he is semi retired now. Email me and we can talk on the phone if you are serious about booking a hunt and want to hear their operation.

As for who you hunt with, flip a coin between the three of them. I have shared a tent with Sue and would gladly do the sam ewith Matt or Frank. Have spent time with all three and they are top notch.

Alaska Hutning Adventures

Just looked at their site again and it only mentioned Browns, but they also do interior grizzely as well. Tell then which one you want and they will fix you up.

Posts: 2509 | Location: Kisatchie National Forest, LA | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With Quote