The Accurate Reloading Forums
Brown Bear hunt

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8521043/m/597101149

03 October 2008, 14:43
Bryan Chick
Brown Bear hunt
Can anyone recommend a good area, outfitter for a good Brown Bear? Also, what is the damage to my bank account likely to be?
03 October 2008, 17:27
Palmer
My experience is that the least damage to your bank account comes from choosing the best outfitter right up front - usually one that charges a little more than average.

If you choose lower cost hunts you are likely to have to buy two or three of them before you connect with a bear and even then that bear is likely to be smaller than you would like.

Phil Shoemaker would be my recommendation for someone who could get the job done.

ALLEN W. JOHNSON - DRSS

Into my heart on air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?
That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again.

A. E. Housman
03 October 2008, 19:50
onefunzr2
For coastal brownies, Chuck Adams. $14K+
03 October 2008, 21:42
M70Nut
You don't have to spend a fortune for a guided brown bear hunt to get that bear of a lifetime. Contact Jake Jefferson of Black River Hunting Camp, he's a local guy and works on his own. He has taken some outstanding brown bears in the last few year and he doen't charge what some of the bigger name guides charge. Here's a link to his website.

http://www.alaskasgreatoutdoors.com/Jake/Black%20River%20Hunting%20camp.htm

"We band of 45-70'ers"
05 October 2008, 19:37
SAFARIKID
Here is my favorite!I got a 10-10 in 96'..my partner just got a 10'2 last year and me a 8'6 Blonde/Chocolate.The Scenery is Breathtaking,the Lodge is on Bear Lake,been there over 50 years..Bear are Everywhere!Great fishing too.The lodge,gameroom,food and people are thee Best...Not Cheap,but many,many record bears are taken here.....Tell them Tom(New Orleans)sent ya! [URL=http://www.bearlakelodgealaska.com/]www.bearlakelodgealaska.com

"That's not a knife..THIS is a KNIFE" !
06 October 2008, 07:02
gravy3006
SAFARIKID is 100% correct about Bear Lake Lodge. I was there in the fall of '05 and had the time of my life. An absolutely awesome operation.
06 October 2008, 14:53
Bryan Chick
Thank you all!
06 October 2008, 18:05
muygrande
If you don't want to break the bank, only wound it, SE Alaska is the place. Try Alaskaravenguides.com. Scott and Dustin will put you on many 9'+ browns. Great trip and fun hunt with some good folks. PM if you want additional info.
09 November 2008, 02:07
bear guide
I agree Southeast is a great place .Boat based hunts with showers at night Most hunts thirty to sixty bears seen and weather is certainly better in spring. Brown bear guides all have at least ten years experience due to moratorium on bear hunts.

outfitter,southeast Alaska, brown bear, black bear ,mt goat
08 December 2008, 01:21
oakman
I took one just under 10'' and mounted some that were guided by Kelly Vren. Top notch.If you want a great hunt, it will cost you some bucks. You will have to google for a contact # Good Luck fishing

www.african-montana-taxidermy.com

life member of SCI
life member of NRA
NTA
Master Scorer SCI
Scorer for Rowland Ward

www.african-montana-taxidermy.com