Find
Notify
Tools

Use Enough Gun
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of waterrat
posted
We tolerate brown bears until they start causing damage,, this fellow got in my wifes smokehouse and ate 40 salmon. I was at the other end of the Lake working on a hydro project so she unleashed her 300 Savage on him. 165 NP @ 2450fps, he dropped on the spot!
Tar helped position the bear for her shot and he was taken on a rb525 tag.

I tend to use more than enough gun

Posts: 1410 | Location: lake iliamna alaska | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That looks like a nice bear and its a cool photo! How big is the bear? Paul

Posts: 78 | Location: Alaska  | Registered: 22 April 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
there's a nice rug for the remodeling projet Big Grin tu2

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Shot placement is still king.

Posts: 19432 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I may have to sell my 338 Win Mags and get me a 300 Savage! clap Good shootin on the part of your wife. That bear won't be raidin her smokehouse again...

Posts: 449 | Location: North Pole, Alaska | Registered: 28 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted Hide Post
This is really making rethink taking my .375 for a Brownie hunt this September!

PS: Great looking family. Wife, Dog and a dead bear. Geez, talk about blessed! clap

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2318 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You have a good woman, be good to her.
It is always about human survival, living with respect and tolerance to every thing. But have the courage to act when your set boundaries that affect you are crossed. Kudos.

Posts: 1018 | Location: Brooksville, FL. | Registered: 01 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TREE 'EM
posted Hide Post
It's nice to see a woman who can handle things on her own.
I love seeing posts that illustrate the importance of shot placement over the latest greatest super magnum. It's just like real estate, location, location, location!

All We Know Is All We Are

Posts: 1219 | Location: E Central MO | Registered: 13 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good woman, good bear and an excellent shot...

So, how far/close and bullet impact where... I assume a CNS hit?

Bob

www.bigbores.ca

(PS - I do annual bear hunts and research, so details are important to me. Thanks.)

"Let every created thing give praise to the LORD, for he issued his command, and they came into being" - King David, Psalm 148 (NLT)

Posts: 848 | Location: Kawartha Lakes, ONT, Canada | Registered: 21 November 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Shot placement is the best killer I know of..In my misspent cowboy youth I shot both deer, bear, sheep, and elk with a 25-35 Win carbine, as did my dad..Still shoot deer now and then with it. Back then the 300 Savage was considered a magnum and an uncle had one and it killed elk so well that I always Id have one someday..but I settled on a 99F in .308...

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41970 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote