New
Find
Notify
Tools

Baranof Island Brown Bear
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
So has anyone heard how the bears are doing this fall on Baranof?

I MIGHT and its a HUGE MIGHT get the chance to hunt with Baranof expeditions in the comming week. I was fortunate to hunt with Bert and Jim last spring. What a fantastic time!! But I still have a bear tag that needs to be filled.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
Calgary Guy

Posts: 108 | Location: Calgary | Registered: 26 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gumboot458
posted Hide Post
.. There are still more bears than you can shake a stick at there ,,, go kill one ...Have fun ..

I kind of wish I was in unit 4 so I could blow one of them big hairy !@#$%^&*( away .. I,m up in unit 13 lookin for moose ,black and grizzly bears ,,, and working of course ...

.If it can,t be grown , its gotta be mined ....

Posts: 3445 | Location: Copper River Valley , Prudhoe Bay , and other interesting locales | Registered: 19 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well I just got back from hunting with Baranof again. Jim and I managed a nice 8 1/2 footer.

I will post up some pics when I get my head on straight.

Once again a EXCELLENT hunt with good quality people. Baranof expeditions sure seems to be the cats azz. I cant imagine hunting with anyone else in SE Alaska.

Though I did get a kick out of Jims choice of footwear.... It sure seemed effective.

Calgary Guy

Posts: 108 | Location: Calgary | Registered: 26 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gumboot458
posted Hide Post
????????????????????

.If it can,t be grown , its gotta be mined ....

Posts: 3445 | Location: Copper River Valley , Prudhoe Bay , and other interesting locales | Registered: 19 November 2006Reply With Quote