New
Find
Notify
Tools

Check out our site ( Please )
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My Name is Doug and would like to invite everyone interested in a Great alaska hunting experience to checkout our website 2 www.nwaoutfitters.com.
I started hunting as a client with NWA in 1997. After 3 great hunts with then i was fortunate enough to be asked by the outfitter if i wanted to train aand become a guide for him. I have been doing so ever since. I have also had thee privelege to become the Marketing Director& Website designer for him as well. We have alot of exciting things happening as wll as Great hunting for BB, Moose, Dall Sheep, and Black Bear. As of 2005 we have not been hunting Caribou as the Mulchatna herd has been on the decline and at present is sonewhere around the 40,000 Mark compared to the late 90's and Early 2000's when they were in the 200,000's.Hopefully they will someday return to the days of old.
I hope to get some positive feedback about what we offer and our new site. If you are interested Please fill out our Form, but check out the whole site if you have the time.

Doug Klunder

Posts: 163 | Location: United States | Registered: 27 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Doug,

I checked out the site. While it is laid out well, you are not doing yourself any favors by not listing prices...not even an example or two. Many people do not want to be bothered to use the "contact us for pricing" icon. For many people, time is at a premium and there are far too many other outfitters and guides services on the web that do have their pricing listed. The first thing I thought when I did not see the pricing was that you are high priced and don't want to scare potential clients away....but you are already doing just that. Yes, there are a few people that have gobs of money and don't care about the price...but that is the exception rather than the rule. The only other item is that you are showing some rather scrawny moose antlers on the home page...this is where you put the big stuff even though not everyone gets the big ones. Again, not a bad site. I will look at it again and see if there is anything I can help you with, unless you would rather not have a clients eye view.

Woody

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wood,
Just for a little knowledge. If 60-70' is scrawny then i geuss that is what they are. All Moose pictured in the camp photo range from 60" even to just shy of 70. The Nontypical pictured 1st was 63" with 8 brows on the 1 side and 7 on the other. Just to Clarify sizes. Prices range from 4000 - 32,000 for all different hunting adventures as stated on the services page. We want to customize pricing for the adventure of your choice as many people want multiple species and we do Main Species with Trophy fee's for additional per Client request. To listall available options would take forever and you still ,may not be specific enough for some people that is why we would like info on people and what they are interested in. That is all and thanks for the critique we will discuss maybe just base pricing per each species.

Doug Klunder

one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice site. Is it just my system or are the pictures very slow to load? What size (kB) are they?

Some of those moose don't look scrawny to me...

I tend to agree on the pricing info... if you don't wish to reveal all, at list give some example packages...

Frans

Posts: 1717 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Frans,
Thanks for the input.
Will talk with Owner in Moning about standard Packages. Thanks for the Insight and Remarks and Appreciate the responses. Keep them coming

Doug Klunder

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Doug,

Perhaps it is that some of the antlers in the home page camp shot are at an angle and a few of them lack large brow tine palmation that make them appear(to me) smaller than they really are. Like I said, the site is laid out well and offers quite a bit of information to a visitor/potential client. Keep us updated with changes/news as I myself visit the sites of guides/outfitters who post here, whether they are on this continent or any other ones. Welcome to this wonderful website. There are a lot of good, knowledgeable people that post here.

Woody

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice site and sounds like nice operation. How about references on site?

"shoot quick but take your time"

Posts: 451 | Location: drummond island MI USA | Registered: 03 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Studdog,
Looking forward to Saskatchewan? This is Doug. Didnt think you knew i was a ggide in Alaska.There is a testimonials page. References are available on request. Probably should put that on there. Thanks for the input and will do that today.Hope all is well and After saskatchewan call me about a BB Hunt or Moose or whatever.

Doug Klunder

one of us
posted Hide Post
Doug,

Welcome aboard. There is only one rule you have to go by when posting an ad on AR and that is to completely disclose the details of the hunt including all costs. For a commercial operator to just throw up a website is not appropriate. This is more than reasonable as it is free advertising.

Good Luck!

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12917 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mark,
Understand what you are saying. This was and was not toadverise on AR. Yes we wanted to get the site out there but was also to get critique from people as to what they wanted to see in a website. This is new to me as a web deisgner and all new to the owner as he has never advertised in 23 years of business. I see you throw up a website with your signature about african hunting. i was justtrying to give the outfitter the best website possible while getting his website out there.
Thanks for the Critique

Doug Klunder

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Marabou
Tell Nick, Michael Bond says hello.
Hunted with Nick 2 or three times back in the eighties.

Perception is reality
regardless the truth!

Stupid people should not breed

DRSS
NRA Life Member
Owner of USOC Adventure TV

Posts: 923 | Location: Phx Az and the Hills of Ohio | Registered: 13 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will as we talk everyday. We hot some great stuff happening hopefully we get you back up.

Doug Klunder

one of us
posted Hide Post
Your site looks good, In your text remember blues and green are " Safe " colors. Red is a "Danger" color and should not be used on a web site were your try to gain someone's trust. I would recommend using gold or green.
I would also highly recommend changing you text on the first page. It very important to have the first word "Alaska Hunting "Or "Guided Alaska hunting" You will show up on the Internet much better by making these simple changes
Type in "Alaska guided hunting" into goggle Check out the first ten web pages, after the page is loaded you can right click on it and you can go to "View Page Source Pay attention to their Description and Keywords
Good luck

Robert Johnson

Posts: 599 | Location: Soldotna Alaska | Registered: 05 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your input. Tried Green and it was really hard to distinguish. Will do so and experiment with other colors. Thanks for the tip on the search engines will do that promptly. Thank you for your insight.

Doug Klunder

One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post
hi doug
i second the others with the notion that you need the prices there, when you got the hunts up there as a unit put the prices there as well as a small story about what to expect on the diff. hunts.
coming from denmark, if i cant see the prices i jump to the next outfitter. im looking for bear in 08, but would pass your site, when there is not enough info. hard enough to find the right outfitter without having to hunt him down aswell

regards peter

Posts: 1336 | Location: denmark | Registered: 01 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had seen the website recently and passed to another due to lack of pricing noted. I suggest you post some "sample" pricing in order to get people to look a little longer.

Posts: 10266 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Im sure the price goes up or down depending on your need to have heated socks brought to you on a tray every morning or if you desire lobster and drawn butter at lunch.

Posts: 3986 | Location: in the tall grass "milling" around. | Registered: 09 December 2006Reply With Quote