New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wolf Hunts
 Login/Join

posted
Howdy,

I've been looking over this site for a short while and have enjoyed reading your comments. I'd like to go on a AK wolf hunt next year and was wondering if any of you could make recommendations as to a guide. I realize I don't need a guide for wolf hunts but I also realize AK is a lot wilder than anything I'm accustomed to.

Thanks in advance.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Nobody,

Wolves are generally a target of opportunity that are taken on a chance encouter while hunting other animals. I have lived in the bush here for over 20 years and have hunted extensively across the state. I have actually seen 3 wolves in the wild while out hunting. None of them presented a shot. I have had them howling around my camp at night and in fact near my house but you seldom see them.

I have seen wolf hunts advertised in Canada but I don't believe that you will find anythig in Alaska unless they let guides start offering aerial wolf hunting. Aerial hunting is about the only way you really stand a chance of success as a non-resident.

Good Luck,

Mark

Posts: 12869 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you are serious, give Gary Hull a call 907-262-5661 He is a licensed alaskan big game guide and world class predator caller.You will need to put in a serious effort 4-7 days. Wolves are one of smartest & hardest animals in the world to hunt .

Posts: 599 | Location: Soldotna Alaska | Registered: 05 May 2003Reply With Quote