New
Find
Notify
Tools

SE ALASKA BROWN BEAR HUNT OPENING
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi Folks/just learned of boat-based brown bear hunt on Admiralty Island; hunt dates are Sept 15-24th, 2012. Eli Lucas, a great outfitter/guide, advised that a hunter just canceled due to illness. The price has been reduced to $8,000 from $15,000. Admiralty has the most dense brownie population in SE Alaska. I have hunted with Eli twice from his 50 ft boat, "EMYDON",so we had a dry bunk, hot shower, and good food on board. I will return next May to hunt with Eli a 3rd time. You may call him at 907-772-3405 or email at alaskahunts@hotmail.com. If you have questions of me, you should email directly to chazgreen@wowway.com. As always, good hunting! Chaz

Posts: 279 | Location: michigan | Registered: 12 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I MIGHT be able to pull this off.
Was planning on doing a BB hunt in '14, but when deals like this pops up you've gotta jump on them.
Going to call Eli tonight.

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, someone beat me to this one.. Dang! I spoke with Eli this evening..
Whomever it was got one helluva deal.

I'll have to keep closer tabs on the AK forum so if any last min deals come up.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Scotty, Phil Shoemaker gets openings at times, and discounts them quite well. I'm doing a Moose hunt with him in September, but he;s primarily a Bear guy. Maybe send him a PM to be put on a Cancellation Contact List to get 1st dibs. .

Posts: 20163 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will do, Biebs. Thanks..
Phil would be another good one to go with.

'13 is out for me for a BB hunt.. I am headed back to Africa. After this hunt, I'll be out of money and vacation time!

Sans a QUICK cancellation hunt this fall, I will be looking for a '14 hunt, spring or fall. Have spoken with a couple of outfits thus far, but am open to speak with other reputable outfits.