New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bears from this spring in Unit 17
 Login/Join

one of us
posted

John Peterson was 6 for 6 this spring. These are the largest of course. Two other bears were in the 8"-8.5" range and one other 9 plus I don't have a photo of. The second bear should make B&C after the 60 day drying period,

Both spring and fall hunts '08 have a couple of openings.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12917 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of FOsteology
posted Hide Post
What does a BB hunt go for?

Posts: 1181 | Location: Texas | Registered: 23 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
William,

This hunt is $14,500 and conducted from a very comfortable fishing lodge with real beds, steam bath and nice meals. Pretty luxurious for Alaska.

Hunt is in the Tickchik Mountains just inland from Dillingham and the scenery is just fantastic and of course the bears are plentiful. I lived out there for 22 years and the bear population just exploded during that time.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

Posts: 12917 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dam nice bears that is one of my dream hunts wish I had the bucks.

Posts: 19428 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What's up with the latex gloves?

Posts: 409 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The guide suggested we wear them while skinning, something about some people getting a rash. I just assumed that he knew something I didn't. I probably should have taken them off for picture time though.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike,

I couldn't be happier that this turned out so well for you. When you have time you should write this up as a Hunt Report.

Congrats!

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

one of us
Picture of aktoklat
posted Hide Post
Latex gloves prevent "speck finger" or " seal finger" which is a parasite found on seals and bears from feeding on salmon.

Focus on the leading edge!

Posts: 453 | Location: Louisiana by way of Alaska | Registered: 02 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PWS
posted Hide Post
The possibility of infection from a bear isn't something to mess with. A friend of mine spent a month in the hospital after skinning a blackie barehanded. He had a paper cut on his pinkie. It was red and sore for a few days and overnight bloomed into a hotdog sized rager. By then, the bacteria had found it's way into the tendon that runs up the arm and he spent a month on IV antibiotics and the rest of his life with a hook for a pinkie. The speed and extent of the infection was pretty spooky!

Posts: 1141 | Location: Kodiak | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of L. David Keith
posted Hide Post
And all this time I thought Mike was doing a full cavity search Eeker Just kidding Mike, great Bear! I bet he will make a fantastic mount. Are you doing rug or L/S? Congrats to all of the guys! LDK

Posts: 6805 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the compliments on the bear! I'm going to do a rug. Even if they were priced the same I think I'd still go for a rug. For as long as I'd dreamed about hunting BB I'd envisioned that rug in my study. It's been so many years now, I can't imagine changing course.

One of Us
Picture of L. David Keith
posted Hide Post
Look forward to seeing some pics. Your gonna need a BIG study Smiler When you get time tell us about your hunt. Had to be a blast! David

Posts: 6805 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote