Find
Notify
Tools

Not hunting but fishing ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted
Will be bringing my wife to AK in July will have July 14 for fishing near Fairbanks. Need help please.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Light spinning or light fly rod action for Grayling on the Chena. Plenty of places along Chena Hot Springs Road. Have used black gnat on or just below the surface with a 3 wt rod with good success.

Posts: 179 | Location: South of Anchorage | Registered: 21 January 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
small panther martin spinners work wonders on those same grayling with a light spinning rod and 4-6 pound line.

Posts: 671 | Location: Anchorage, Alaska | Registered: 31 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would get hold of rick and fly in to Minot flats that time of year you can hammer the pike it is worth it just for the day did it last year I think it cost 250 each but we had 35 pike in the boat in one day on fly gear.

Posts: 166 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Minot may be a little far! Might have him take you to Minto Flats, it will be lots cheaper! rotflmo

Posts: 179 | Location: South of Anchorage | Registered: 21 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of waterrat
posted Hide Post
We flew into Minto Flats and had a ball catching good sized pike.

I tend to use more than enough gun

Posts: 1413 | Location: lake iliamna alaska | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Google "Arctic Grayling Guide Service".
Jet boats in small, shallow rivers. The grayling will be feeding heavily that time of the year and depending on the return, King's should be in. Nice day experience, or drop off for over night at rustic cabins.

Posts: 443 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 11 February 2008Reply With Quote