THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ALASKA HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Alaska Hunting Forum    Alaska Spring Black Bear Hunt Recommendations

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alaska Spring Black Bear Hunt Recommendations
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of sdeshazo
posted
I'm looking at Alaska Good Times Charter for May 2007 for Spring Black Bear. Anyone hunted with him or have anyone that they really enjoyed there Alaska Spring Black Bear hunt with? The guys in my group are not much on ruffing it so I thought we could do the boat based hunt, any thoughts are welcome.

Good Times Charter

Posts: 224 | Location: St Augustine, Florida | Registered: 07 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i have not hunted with james boyce, however i would recomend him for a boat based hunt due to his long reputation for quality blk. bears and satisfied customers. he is a former vietnmam era navy SEAL and is an expert coxson. i have met him personally and i would hunt with him. of course, check the usual....successful and unsuccessful past hunters and reports from various clubs or newsletters.

use at least a .30 and bring your rain gear.

good luck

Cold Zero

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Call Mark Galla at Alaska Peak and Seas. Nice boat, great guy, 7 foot black bears are not uncommon in his area-I took a 7'9" bear. Good fishing too. I forgot pricing, but around 3500-4000 per person.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rdelius:
Call Mark Galla at Alaska Peak and Seas. Nice boat, great guy, 7 foot black bears are not uncommon in his area-I took a 7'9" bear. Good fishing too. I forgot pricing, but around 3500-4000 per person.

congratulations. that is a dam good bear. did it make b. and c.?

Cold Zero

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I measured it at 21"( makes all-time but barely), but I haven't got it officially measured. Makes a heck of a paper weight in my office at home!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
the b. and c. 60 day drying period and shrinkage are a bitch. i hope you make it that is an incredible trophy.

can you post some photos of it? how much did you estimate that it weighed and where and when did you take it. beer

fine job. clap

Cold Zero

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike Flores with Ninilchik charters is very good as well. I leave this morning for another trip with him, I am also scheduled for a sitka blacktail hunt with him this fall.

http://ninilchikcharters.com/

Doug

Posts: 696 | Location: Texas, Wash, DC | Registered: 24 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TrackersNZ
posted Hide Post
http://www.gasandtime.com/Hunt/bear/blackbear.htm

...."At some point in every man's life he should own a Sako rifle and a John Deere tractor....it just doesn't get any better...."

Posts: 630 | Location: Hawera, Taranaki, New Zealand | Registered: 17 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
joe, at gas and time is another good choice. i have never seen a bad word about him.

he is booked for this year.

Cold Zero

One of Us
posted Hide Post
rdelius, that's a nice sounding bear. any pictures?

Posts: 314 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 December 2002Reply With Quote