Tools

Roy Rogers Goes North
 Login/Join

posted

Posts: 11017 | Registered: 14 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Nick,

What?, no Trigger.....must've been tied off out of the frame.....must have been tired after the long ride north.

Good stuff, guy.

Joe

Where there's a hobble, there's hope.

Posts: 369 | Location: Homer, Alaska | Registered: 04 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TJ
posted Hide Post
Interesting.
My Supercub was owned by Ken Oldham at one time. I wonder if it was the same plane they were flying?

Posts: 948 | Location: Kenai, Ak. USA | Registered: 05 November 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ovis:
Hey Nick,

What?, no Trigger.....must've been tied off out of the frame.....must have been tired after the long ride north. Good stuff, guy. Joe

Hi Joe! - Guess Roy had to leave old "Trigger" back home on the ranch but he sure didn't forget to bring "Bullet" along! Big Grin

Posts: 11017 | Registered: 14 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
I met him once in private. He was here to visit
friends when Dale got ill. My Dad was their friends Dr. so he met them at his clinic and called me to come down. He did NOT want to talk
movies.Hunting,Guns, and horses were his toipics He was a wonderful man to visit with and in minuets I felt I was talking to an old friend. A great guy.

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Posts: 1684 | Location: Walker Co,Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of waterrat
posted Hide Post
I was on a motorcycle road trip in 1988 and stopped at Roy Rogers ranch in Vistula (sic?). He saw my plate and the fact the Oldham family and I are freinds we had a heck of a session. Not only did we go from 1 end of Ak to the other he was also a motorcyclist . Kens Lodge was full of Roy's curio's and pics as well.

I tend to use more than enough gun

Posts: 1409 | Location: lake iliamna alaska | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
I don't know how true it is, but my half-sisters first husband was a cat and bear guide in Oregon back in the late 40's and thru the 50's. One of their regular clients was Roy Rogers and another was the guy that played Alfalfa on the Little Rascals. I really don't know if I can verify any of that, because I wasn't born until 1950. This was all stuff I heard in my teens.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote