THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ALASKA HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Alaska Hunting Forum    New changes for the hunting regs for 2009

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New changes for the hunting regs for 2009
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I just heard last night that some changes to the 2009 hunting regs are finalized. I hope it's true. For one thing, the sheep season starts on Aug. 8 for we residents & stays at Aug. 10 for non-residents. Good!
Also, bison tags are going to a point system. You get a point for each year you've applied for the drawing but not hit. My friend also intimated that Kodiak bear could very well also go to a point system for residents. About time for that too, IMHO.
Looks like the BOG is finally beginning to represent the little guy, as well they should.
Whaddya all think?
Bear in Fairbanks

Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

I never thought that I'd live to see a President worse than Jimmy Carter. Well, I have.

Gun control means using two hands.

Posts: 1544 | Location: Fairbanks, Ak., USA | Registered: 16 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Changes sound good to me. I been putting in for Bison for over 30 years and never been drawn. About 20 years for a prime Kodiak bear area and never drawn either.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6603 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Akshooter
posted Hide Post
I've also been putting in for the last 30 years on buff. I guess it would be too much to ask for it to go retro on the points.

DRSS
NRA life
AK Master Guide 124

Posts: 1562 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am on an advisory committee and none of what you posted actually happened since beginning of April and the BOG hasn't had another meeting since then. The sheep days aren't there for sure. They actually decided to open resident on Aug. 10 and non-residents on Aug. 12, but came back and voted that down. Guides must have gotten to them. None of the preference point systems were passed. I believe they were all tabled. Bison did change, but you now have to wait 10 years to be drawn again.

Posts: 384 | Location: Tok, Alaska | Registered: 26 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Norhtway:
Ok, I'll stand corrected. I got what I thought was reliable info from someone I know who I understood had attended the BOG meetings. I thought I followed him up enough to justify my comments. Bear in Fairbanks

Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

I never thought that I'd live to see a President worse than Jimmy Carter. Well, I have.

Gun control means using two hands.

Posts: 1544 | Location: Fairbanks, Ak., USA | Registered: 16 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bear,

I hope I didn't sound like an ass. I heard exactly what you heard and finally had to go to fish and game to get the correct answer. It sounded like the BOG passed some, then came back and unpassed them! I guess alot of it was done right at the end of the meeting. I sure was looking forward to the Aug. 10 opening for residents and the Aug. 12 for non-residents.

Please accept my apology if I sounded like a pompous ass.

Posts: 384 | Location: Tok, Alaska | Registered: 26 January 2005Reply With Quote