Find
Notify
Tools

Jerry Austin
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of BigB
posted
Any comments on Jerry Austin and Austin's Alaska Adventures would be appreciated. We are thinking of booking a 10 day fall bear hunt with him.

Thanks

BigB

Posts: 1401 | Location: Northwest Wyoming | Registered: 13 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was just checking the archives and came across this post. I've met and socialized with Jerry Austin. No frills, no BS type of dude. I think he works hard for his clients and has a good track record.

"Take your kid hunting, so you don't have to go hunting for your kid."

Ted Nugent

Posts: 89 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 09 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigB
posted Hide Post
Kusko,

Thanks, we booked with Jerry for 10 days starting, August 25. Look forward to my first Alaska hunt.

BigB

Posts: 1401 | Location: Northwest Wyoming | Registered: 13 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigB
posted Hide Post
Just back from a grizzly hunt with Jerry Austin. Hunted about 35 miles north of St Michael. Great trip, Great outfitter 3 of us took bears 2 - 8 footers and I was lucky enough to get a 9 footer. We all saw plenty of bears, I took the 9th bear I saw. Plus caught lots of salmon.

I can recommend Jerry to anyone for a bear hunt or fishing trip.

BigB

One of Us
posted Hide Post
BIGB, congratulations on your hunting success.

But where are the pictures? Lots of pictures?

Details?? .22LR; .600 H&H Nitro Express??

L.W.

"A 9mm bullet may expand but a .45 bullet sure ain't gonna shrink."

Posts: 349 | Location: S.W. Idaho | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigB
posted Hide Post
Leanwolff,

Sorry I just got back and the film photos are being developed. Will post some pictures asap.

Winchester model 70 404 jeffery with 400 grain Swift A Frame bullets 2350 FPS. First shot right behind shoulder did not put bear down. He was going towards some alders so one more shot in same place put him down. Got him on the third day of a 10 day hunt about 9:00 AM as he was feeding on blueberries. Head went almost 23 inches green, and squared 9 feet.

Lots of fun and excitment.

BigB