New
Find
Notify
Tools

caribou hunting
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I went caribou hunting last weekend with a coworker and a few people that that he knows! hunting was good we got 5 nice bulls and no cows on saturday .I learned a few things while hunting , they where meat hunting not horn hunting. like bore sight your rifle just before it's time to shoot you'll be dead on with a mini 14 , empty your clip. this was not at all how i learned to hunt ! I did take one nice bull thou . pic link posted below

remember the 2% rule you must be 2% smarter then what you are trying to do

Posts: 85 | Location: Kotzebue, Alaska | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
How about some pics?

~Ann

Posts: 19234 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
if some one would like to post a pic for me that would be great .

Posts: 85 | Location: Kotzebue, Alaska | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
www.picasaweb.google.com/fordfanatic1968/hunting pic of my first caribou and the sunrise we got to enjoy from camp .

One of Us
posted Hide Post
sounds likeyou had a traditional hunt with the locals. i showed up in Ambler with a 338--- dont be the guy-- the wooly mammoths are already dead. took some dickering but Gardner let me trade it in on a mini 14

If your gonna be dumb, you gotta be tuff.

Posts: 396 | Location: S.E. Alaska | Registered: 01 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
there was 4 of us 1 .270 with open sights 1 .270 w/scope and he had no idea where he was hitting because it bounces around in the boat all the time and i had my little 7mm rum that stayed in a case unless i was out hunting with it . we where shooting between 75 yds and 150 yds.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
some of those places a 25-35 would be a magnum

If your gonna be dumb, you gotta be tuff.

Posts: 396 | Location: S.E. Alaska | Registered: 01 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
we where hoping to catch them crossing the river ! too many boats on the river that weekend .

One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
When I lived in Barrow, the AC had 338, 30-06, 70, 30-30, 375, 416, 222, 17 Rem, and 223. That was it. I have never seen so much 17 Rem, 416 and 375 ammo in a store in my life.

Bowhead whales are a bit on the big side I guess.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Posted 03 October 2007 19:39 Hide Post
if some one would like to post a pic for me that would be great .

Here you go! & Nice Bou! Big Grin

Posts: 2357 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
brings back some good memorys! nice young bull! thanks for the pic.

Posts: 1019 | Location: foothills of the Brooks Range | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote