New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nelchina Caribou, where are they?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone hunted for these recently? I went over to Eureka three weekends in a row and havent even seen one hauled out and I been 30 miles back on my ATV. Talked to one gentleman who owned a Supercub and he said he flew for 7 hours the other day and only seen the occasional one or two. I been getting similar reports from folks hunting off the Denali highway.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
well...guess no one here knows where they are either,lol

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not sure what your problem is but I just got back from the Kotzebue area. Due to (I think) unseasonably warm temps this fall in AK that hurd hadn't moved down much into that area. Their were some small groups about 15-20 north of Kotz and we were able to get some carribou but certainly not great pickins. Actually just as I was leaving they seems to be headed back north more that south. The bou we got had good fat on them.....I guess they were ready for winter but found the "florida" like weather no to their liking.

Posts: 2002 | Location: central wi | Registered: 13 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What do caribou around Kotz have to do with trying to locate them around Eureka? I dont have a problem but I cant find the bou's. When I checked in with F&G they told me only 200 have been reported killed 5 weeks after the season started.