Notify
Tools

New T.V. Show based on Alaska
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of AMRA
posted
I watched a new T.V. show last night on the Discovery Channel last night called
" The Alaska Experiment" where four groups of people (GREENHORNS !!!!) are dropped off in the wilds of Alaska to survive off the land for 3 months.From what I watched last night they all looked like they would be Bear food in less than 2 weeks. The show said that they all were in or near a place called ICY BAY.Check it out if you have the time.

Posts: 84 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 29 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AMRA:
I watched a new T.V. show last night on the Discovery Channel last night called
" The Alaska Experiment" where four groups of people (GREENHORNS !!!!) are dropped off in the wilds of Alaska to survive off the land for 3 months.From what I watched last night they all looked like they would be Bear food in less than 2 weeks. The show said that they all were in or near a place called ICY BAY.Check it out if you have the time.

bsflagDid you read the disclaimer where there are real people behind camera with actual experience in the weather, to babysit. What they showed looked like a regular Hunting / Camping / Fishing trip to me?? thumbdown

Posts: 2356 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I watched it too....

I'm sure it will be entertaining and no one will be in real danger.

The one couple is living in a wall tent on Icy Bay. My first thoughts were to move that tent into the trees, but they can't because it has a platform. I'm afraid that exposed tent could end up in the Wrangells if the wind blows hard out of the south. Smiler Smiler

"Take your kid hunting, so you don't have to go hunting for your kid."

Ted Nugent

Posts: 89 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 09 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
just like all the other tv shows, made to sell not made to be realistic....paul claus over at ultima thule lodge has alot to do with this from what i hear. i know its his plane in the show but not sure how much he's invloved, keep your eyes open and see if he's in the credits much.

Master guide #212
Black River Hunting Camps llc
www.alaska-bearhunting.com

Posts: 1396 | Location: Big lake alaska | Registered: 11 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of M70Nut
posted Hide Post
I believe he is their chief pilot and survival expert, they are no doubt, in good hands.

"We band of 45-70'ers"

Posts: 845 | Location: S.C. Alaska | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
It was entertaining. I liked the fact that the philly group took an extra day ti find a cabin 2 miles away rotflmo

Posts: 5705 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
Which episode has the peanut butter air drop?

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of M70Nut
posted Hide Post
My guess is they will sneak some more food in for them giveing them the neverending jar of peanut butter.

"We band of 45-70'ers"

Posts: 845 | Location: S.C. Alaska | Registered: 27 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ol Bull
posted Hide Post
Week two is on right now...makes a guy think about what one should know but doesn't.... popcorn

" If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand which feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countryman " Samuel Adams, 1772

Posts: 1117 | Location: Helena, MT, USA | Registered: 01 April 2001Reply With Quote