New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: my sheep
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I wa shunting on the outside. The TMA governors tag guy shot a nice one with Frank when I was there. As a matter of fact, Matt has had the TMA governor's tag hunter for the past several years, olus they often get hunters who just draw TMA and Delta tags.

Matt has never had a client not get a sheep if the client was in shape and not afraid to climb. On the rare time when the client could not hack the packing, he would guide them to bear or moose. Matt, Frank, and Sue are the salt of the earth. They commonly get 40 inchers. Actually, I think Frank has killed more 40 inchers than anyone else. Add those that Matt, Sue, and their clients have gotten and it is unbelievable. I saw 2 sheep that were liekly a littl larger than the 39 1/4" I got. One was without a doubt over 40. But damn mine had some curl! I liek style and don't care about a couple of inches. Main thing was how much fun me and Sue had. If you hunt with them, it is reasonable to expect 38"+. Some folks shoot 36" sheep, but A LOT shoot 38-41" rams outside of the TMA.

Here is their web site. Give them a shout if interested. Also contact me if you want more info on them.

Matt Snyder, Alaska Hunting Adventures

Here Sue is looking at a 40", a 36" full curl, and 4 other rams

Posts: 2509 | Location: Kisatchie National Forest, LA | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Marc,

Beautiful ram and like you said it has a great deal of character. Someone understands good photos too. Very nice! I have successfully hunted in the Wrangells too and it is an experience to remember forever.

Congratulations,

Mark

Posts: 12917 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote