THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ALASKA HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Alaska Hunting Forum    "Grizzly Man" All I could come up with was "Nut Job"

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Grizzly Man" All I could come up with was "Nut Job"
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Collins
posted
OK, communing with nature is one thing... do ya think they we're keeping him alive till they needed food? Nice looking footage tho'

"Grizzly Man" movie trailer

The asshole killed his girlfriend too:
"Timothy Treadwell, 46, and Amie Huguenard, 37, both of Malibu, California, were on October 6 found mauled and partially eaten by grizzly bears at their campsite in Katmai National Park & Preserve on the Alaska Peninsula. A video camera captured the sounds of their last moments, indicating that Treadwell was attacked first, probably by an aged male who was one of two grizzlies shot at the scene by park rangers and state troopers. Huguenard was apparently killed while trying to save Treadwell. Their camp, investigators said, was directly on a heavily used grizzly corridor. A veteran of 13 summers of camping among the Katmai grizzlies, Treadwell was co-author of Among Grizzlies: Living With Wild Bears in Alaska, made three feature films about grizzlies and other Alaskan wildlife with Joel Bennett of Juneau, maintained an extensive web site about grizzlies, was subject of documentaries by the Discovery Channel and Dateline NBC, and was interviewed about his work with grizzlies by David Letterman and Rosie O'Donnell. Huguenard had camped with him each summer for three years. "I'm there to keep poachers and sport hunters away," Treadwell said in 1999. "I'm much more likely to be killed by an angry sport hunter than a bear."

(I just did a search and it looks like this has been discussed before... Well, the movie's out now I'll wait for the book.)

Collins
Airgunner / 458 SOCOMer/ 45-70er / 458 Lotter

www.actionairgun.com LIVE NOW

Posts: 2327 | Location: The Sunny South! St. Augustine, FL | Registered: 29 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
well, bears gotta eat too.

Angering society one University student at a time.

Posts: 114 | Location: Lethbridge, Alberta. | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
From what I remember reading about this it was a bad year for natural food for the bears and a whole lot more bears than normal showed up at the river to fish it. Apparently there was lots more competition for "fishing spots" and the bears were pretty ornary with each other. I'm thinking the old bear that got them was hungary and probably had his ego bruised by other younger bears and decided he could handle the campers.

Maybe I've got it wrong but that is what I remember reading about it. Bottom line is they just plain picked a bad time to be there.

Posts: 2002 | Location: central wi | Registered: 13 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This is reminiscent of the granola breath from CA that went north to find himself. Park rangers advised him that there were grizzly bears in the area where he was headed. His reply was for them not to worry, because he had good karma with the bears.

The rangers found his hiking boots with his feet still in them.

posted Hide Post
This brings to mind the question that if an animal is eating an animal rights activist is it ethical to shoot him? (the animal that is, not the activist)

one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by missouri_dave:
This brings to mind the question that if an animal is eating an animal rights activist is it ethical to shoot him? (the animal that is, not the activist)

That would depend, on if you sent the eco-freak there to be bait in the area. roflmao If it is a no baiting area shame

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
All I have to say is, stupidity can be fatal.

The sad thing is there are some true bear experts out there, vs nut job's awaiting conversion to bear scat.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What a freakin' idiot, to me it's another data point that Darwin was on the right track. Too bad they had to kill the bears for him being a dumbass.

Posts: 50 | Location: Corrales, NM | Registered: 09 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For sure, a real Darwinian failure!

Although I do wish that I had some of his shooting opportunities!

mgun

Posts: 197 | Location: alaska | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Stryker225
posted Hide Post
HAHA, the moron thought he was Ace Ventura! Big Grin

Posts: 1282 | Location: here | Registered: 26 January 2002Reply With Quote