One VERY LARGE MOOSE!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Get a load of this big guy, how would you like to pack him out a few miles

75" spread with 36 countable points

[url=[url="http://www.hunt101.com/?p=221769&c=500&z=1"][/url]]web page[/url]

Here is the write up

his moose in the photo is an Alaska-Yukon moose taken by Eric xxxxx on September 5th. It was taken in the Kilbuck Mountains, which is 380 miles west of Anchorage, AK. The rack is approximately 75 inches wide, has about 36 countable points, and was unofficially scored by a person who is not an Official Measurer at around 264 points. In the near future it'll be posted on the Boone and Crockett Club's website on "Trophy Watch" where the official score will be announced once it is entered.

Posts: 2300 | Location: Monee, Ill. USA | Registered: 11 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Is it real?

Looks like it might be a prank using a couple sets of antlers strategically set upon one another to create a monster.

If it is real that is one hell of a moose! At a time like that it pays to have friends.....with packpacks!

Regards,
Dave

Posts: 1238 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 31 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
HI,

Large is not the word for it,Kev

Posts: 1002 | Location: ALASKA, USA | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
who was the outfitter for this tremendous critter?

one of us
posted Hide Post
DavidC,

Believe me there is no reason to think that this moose is a fake in any way. Moose as large as this one are not common but they occur in many areas of Alaska with surprising frequency. I personally know of 3 bulls killed near Dillingham that went 76"-78". As for the points all over there just is not a typical moose configuration. Sometimes they look like a brush pile and other times the edges of the horns are barely scalloped.

Regards,

Mark

Posts: 12917 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mark,

Then I stand corrected! That is one hell of a Moose.

I took the points going in all directions and more specifically the angle of the photo as possible indicators that someone was playing a bit of a joke.

Regards,
Dave

Posts: 1238 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 31 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just saw this same picture earlier today saying it was shot in canada. I'm betting on this being a fake.

same pic

Posts: 671 | Location: Anchorage, Alaska | Registered: 31 December 2002Reply With Quote