New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hip boots
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Cabella's Bog Busters or LaCrosse Big Chief? Other?

Posts: 345 | Location: Dauphin Island, Alabama, USA | Registered: 01 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
depends on the area. normally i like wiggys

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post

It may be worth contacting this lady and finding out what she uses, they seem to work for her.

HTH,

GH

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We'll be bear hunting along rivers/creeks of Unit 13 in mid-late August.

Posts: 345 | Location: Dauphin Island, Alabama, USA | Registered: 01 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
I wore bog busters for a week in AK in May and oved them. Very comfortable, good tracion- very well made.

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Neos River Trekkers

http://overshoe.com/recreation...ts/detail.php?s=RTK8

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chris Lozano
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Herald:
I wore bog busters for a week in AK in May and oved them. Very comfortable, good tracion- very well made.
I used the same POW island for bear and the Kobuk river for caribou, they worked great.

Posts: 758 | Location: Michigan USA | Registered: 27 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jim have you worn the Neos waders? They look like a good option for intermittent use.

One of Us
Picture of wesley timmerman
posted Hide Post
Have worn bog busters in western ak and on the penn.,worked great both places.
wesley

Posts: 676 | Location: south carolina | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've had 2 pair of Cabela's Bog Busters.....they're nice and light, good traction.....just make sure to bring some aquaseal or the like......especially if there are any beavers around.

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jim Brainard
posted Hide Post
I have worn Bog Busters for over 10 years on the Stikine Flatts in Southeast Alaska for duck hunting. they have always worked well. Last year I bought Neos for moose hunting. Only used them loading and unloading the float plane, but they worked well too. They are also much better for packing if you need to cross rivers. Nice having your other boots on while crossing streams, much better ankle support. Jim

Jim

Posts: 90 | Location: Petersburg, Alaska | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all, you all are a big help.

I'll get a pair of Bog Busters today.

One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted Hide Post
I used a pair of Bogbusters on my Brown Bear hunt, they worked awesome.

When hiking I wore a pair of HH long underwear with a pair of camo shorts on top, then slid the waders on, worked real good for keeping the heat & bulkyness down.

Rod

--------------------------------
"A hunter should not choose the cal, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong"
Bob Hagel

Posts: 977 | Location: Alberta, Canada. | Registered: 10 May 2005Reply With Quote